Jazz and Classical piano lessons available to pupils of all ages and abilities. A creative, imaginative and encompassing approach with an excellent track record.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
As a teacher I thrive in a creative and progressive environment and will teach in a way that is motivating, inspiring, enjoyable and challenging. The piano is one of the most versatile instruments there is and it is my aim to match this with my teaching style and ethos. The benefits of learning an instrument can also tap into daily life whether it be public speaking, hand-eye coordination, organisational skills, or dealing with anxiety. The business I run, Cadenza Music Tuition, includes a team of tutors who I also mentor and encourage a similarly well thought through and innovative approach.
The subjects I cover are as follows (this is also the case for Cadenza Music tutors):
Follow on Facebook: @cadenzamusicttuition
Follow on Twitter: @Dancadenzamusic
Lessons are tailored to meet the requirements of each learner. This include the planning of lesson content, performing opportunities, target setting, exam entry, and any personal ambitions.
Below are a few points that are specific to lesson with Cadenza Music Tuition:
- Multi-faceted approach. Daniel's background in both Classical and Jazz disciplines allows him to draw upon a huge creative resource. Facets from each including improvisation, composition, theory and technique, are used in tandem to allow for varied, interactive, and highly enjoyable lessons.
Daniel also manages tutors in SW London under the name Cadenza Music Tuition. They all share the same values and motivations as teachers.
- lessons are conducted from a home teaching studio equipped with a Yamaha Upright piano, Kawai ES7 Stage piano, an iPAD pro, Sibelius, room for parents to sit in, library of resources, basic recording set up and a high quality Bose bluetooth speaker.
- 100% ABRSM exam pass rate
- Specially designed practice notebook aimed at making the setting of weekly work organised and the planning and reviewing of progress clear.
- Termly reports
- Use of Cadenza Music's own self published Missing Bars book series. Two sub series featuring books for Beginners and Improvisers. The books are a great alternative to the current literature and offer a fresh approach that may not have been encountered before.
- Practice points incentive scheme (certain criteria that is achieved during the weekly practice is rewarded with points which is included in a league table. Prizes awarded at the end of each academic year)
- A Piano Showcase concert aimed at providing a performance platform each year. Further participation in piano festivals and local events is also encouraged.
-Daniel orders all books and personally enters students for examinations/festivals/competitions. This will save parents time and ensures accurate ordering of resources.
- A database of online resources from the Cadenza Music Pupil's Portal (see website)
- group tuition and workshops available to pupils in Cardiff. Day trips for those wishing to join some SW London pupils for a day of workshops.
- Approximately 170 different tutor/repertoire books used to date in addition to digital and interactive resources to supplement lessons.
- Lessons are also available for just theory and composition
- Online lessons are available for adults
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Daniel studied at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama between 2007-2013 gaining BMus (hons) and MMus qualifications in music performance.
Tutors with Cadenza Music Tuition are also highly qualified with degrees and diplomas from highly respected institutions.
- How much do you charge?
FREE TRIAL LESSON
£37.00 - 60mins
£30.00 - 45mins
£22.50 - 30mins
Grades 0-2 - 30mins
Grades 2-4 - 45mins
Grades 5+ - 60mins
- Where do you teach?
PIANO LESSONS AT YOUR HOME!
SW London includes:
Balham, Streatham, Tooting, Battersea, Wandsworth Common, Earlsfield, Wimbledon, Putney, Southfields.
Home studio is Llandaff North
- When are you available?
Mon-Sat. Specific availability is subject to change so please get in touch for further details.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
New starters to diploma
Early years to adult
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM and Trinity/Guildhall exams (100% success rate grades 1-8).
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I have a very good ear for music with reliable relative pitch. My current experience tutoring online relies on this so that I can give accurate advice and detact errors in playing as competently as if I were there in person.
Digital notes are given immediately after the lessons and copies of the music are shared by both parties.
Experience of online tuition dates back to early 2015.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Lessons with me are varied, interactive and tailored to ensure that you get the most out of lessons both in terms of progress and enjoyment. Learning the piano is not just about being examined. I will ensure that you are able to develop various aspects of creativity, performance, technique, expression, knowledge, ensemble playing and performance skills.
One of our best tutors! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and response guaranteed. Daniel will plan your first lesson with care.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Full time since 2013. Part time Since 2010.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
All lessons are conducted by a tutor with enhanced DBS certification
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Incorporated Society of Musicans
European Piano Teacher's Association (EPTA)
Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM)
30mins - £22.50
45mins - £31.60
60mins - £40.00
These rates include travel costs to your address.
Online tuition is a flat rate of £35.00 per hour.
• BMus (hons)
• Up to date DBS certification
• ISM, EPTA, ABRSM
[Dan] was able to record the music, come to two rehearsals and accompany both performances - all in the space of a week! Dan was extremely supportive, professional and versatile - and the children loved working with a real musician who could adapt his playing to their individual delivery. The performances were immeasurably better as a result! We're planning to work with him again next term - and I'd definitely recommend him to any other school in need of an accompanist for performances or choir work'.
Dan has re-enthused my son with learning jazz piano - he seems to really enjoy the lessons and is practising independently. Thank you, Dan, for your commitment and natural teaching skills and enthusiasm.
The lessons were interesting and stimulating and you managed to incorporate a fund of useful teaching tips into both the scale playing and the pieces. You even succeeded in making note learning an interesting exercise for the Grade 1 pupil! Any problems were broken down into smaller components and sorted out.
You are a talent as a piano teacher and performer, but even more so your lovely caring nature really was all there for us to see....
Once again, thank you so much for your great teaching & encouragement over the last while with both girls. They have really benefitted from your various methods & instruction, and hopefully some seeds of musical enjoyment have been planted & nurtured.
music lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|