I am a professional trumpet, piano, and trombone teacher, as well as composer and performer. I love teaching music, communicating an invaluable skill and helping others to learn. I teach all styles of music including classical, jazz, funk, and pop
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Trumpet, piano, trombone, theory, composition, and practical musicianship.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have Grade 8 distinction in trumpet and grade 8 merit in piano.
- How much do you charge?
My hourly rate is £36, although most of my lessons are 30 minutes. I offer the first lesson free.
- Where do you teach?
I teach for my private practice in Parham, Suffolk and in Norwich, Norfolk. Nearby towns in Suffolk include Aldeburgh, Southwold and Framlingham.
- When are you available?
I teach from Monday to Saturday.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all levels and abilities. My youngest pupil is 5, my oldest pupil 77.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I currently prepare students for ABRSM jazz and classical exams, when appropriate
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I offer online tuition.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I aim to provide fun and thoughtful, hardworking but relaxed lessons, exploring music and providing a holistic approach to learning the piano and trumpet. My website (concealed information) has more information about my music as well as more recordings I have made, along with some of the bands I've played with. Thank you for your interest.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I teach in a wide range of schools, public, state, and independent. I also have a private practice. I currently teach one pupil who has autism and have taught other pupils with autism. My profile picture is from a festival I played at in Bethlehem to promote peace in that region.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a current DBS certificate
- Where and with whom did you train?
I studied at the Royal Academy of Music.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of the Musicians Union.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have over 60 students currently. Please see the testimonials section for reviews of my teaching.
• Grade 8 Distinction Trumpet. Grade 8 Merit Piano
• CT ABRSM, Dip.ABRSM
• Current DBS
• Musicians Union
music theory lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest composition lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, jazz improvisation lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|