I am a private piano teacher, teaching in pupils' homes in Guildford and the surrounding area. Whether working towards an ABRSM graded exam, or learning a favourite piece of music, my focus is on making lessons interesting, instructional, and fun.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach piano from beginners to advanced level. I also teach music theory up to Grade 5.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
DipABRSM (Diploma in Instrumental Teaching from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music).
Grade 8 practical piano (distinction)
Grade 6 Music Theory
- How much do you charge?
£17 for 30 minutes.
£34 for an hour.
I offer an initial consultation lesson for half-price.
Music Theory lessons are charged at £36.50 for an hour, or £18.25 for 30 minutes.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at pupils' own homes in and around Guildford and Woking, Surrey.
- When are you available?
I teach mostly in term time, but I also offer holiday lessons if required. Please contact me for details on my availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach from beginners to advanced level, from around 6 years old to adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM: grades 1-8 in practical piano, and grades 1-5 in music theory.
Grade 5 Theory.
Trinity College Rock and Pop Keyboards: grades 1-8.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching for a number of years now, both in schools and privately. I am currently a peripatetic teacher at Prior's Field School in Godalming, and Bishop David Brown school in Woking.
With over 30 years of playing experience I am well equipped with the necessary skills to effectively share my musical knowledge and enthusiasm.
As well as teaching I also write and record my own music.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I hold an enhanced DBS Certificate
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of Musicians' Union
- Practical lessons charged at: £34.00 per hour, £17.00 per 30 minutes
- Theory lessons charged at: £36.50 per hour, £18.25 per 30 minutes
• DipABRSM (Diploma in Instrumental Teaching from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music)
• Enhanced DBS certificate
• Member of Musicians' Union
Dan has a particular rapport with young people. He has a passion for his subject and inspires those he teaches. He has a lovely personality that is reflected in the quality of his teaching and he is able to pitch lessons at a perfect balance for our two children who have very different learning abilities and attitudes. They really look forward to their lessons. We are so pleased to have made contact with Dan and how he has encouraged progress in our children in their desire to learn the piano.
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£34||Not available|