I base my classes on firstly finding out what the student wants to learn, and focussing on that with other relevant information, to give a more rounded and accurate less plan. I am happy to give lessons from GCSE level up to degree level.
Database Administrator, who has specialised as an Data Migration / Integration Developer. I have worked in a number of sectors from Legal Sector, Dot com sector and Charity Sector. Currently working as a Data Analyst migrating data into a SAAS platform.
Database Developer / SSIS Developer with more than 10 years of experience within charity and private sector. Experienced in SSRS and T-SQL, data migration integration development using SSIS and technical project management.
Looking for Data Migration and Database Development roles. PROFILE
BSc (Hons) Microbiology
University of Reading
1993 – 1997
MSc Computer Studies
University of Essex
1997 - 1998
SQL Server 2005 to 2019 Database Development and Database Administration and Business Intelligence
SSIS Data Migration Development and Database Server Maintenance
SSRS Business Reporting including Financial Reporting
Care CRM 12r1 to 16r2
NFP CRM Developer / Administrator and Subject Matter Expert
Technical Project Management Managing internal projects through to completion. Day to Day manager for external Care CRM consultants
Postgres / MySQL /
Oracle Database Development, Reporting and Application Development
Development Database Backup Solutions and automated monitoring of DB Servers
VBScript, Visual Basic Development,
DAO and ADO Development of custom scripts in SSIS. Excel and word automated solutions fetching data from SQL Server dbs.
SQL Server Replication Configuring merge replication and snapshot replication to client sites.
• Subject Matter Expert in producing and delivering Gift Aid Claims Submissions for Mind NAMH Charity to HMRC
• Key data engineer in Import Automation for Web Imports at Plan UK.
July 2020 – Onwards Data Analyst
JobAdder is a market-leading, cloud-based recruitment platform, that enables in-house & agency recruiters to spend more time doing work that adds real human value. Backed by award-winning support, JobAdder is trusted by over 4,000 businesses worldwide. With headquarters in Sydney, JobAdder operates globally with offices in New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
* Mapping and Migration of data from Recruitment Agencies onto the JobAdder SAAS product platform.
* Working closely with UK Sales and the Onboarding teams to get these Recruitment Clients onto the JobAdder platform.
July 2018 - April 2020 Recent Contract Work including the following:
November 2019 – April 2020 Marketing Data Specialist
Cancer Research UK
• Engaged with business teams to accurately determine and document the flow of Marketing data, from the core SRM and other data feeds to Adobe Campaigns.
• Solutions delivered using Agile working, with Jira and Confluence.
• Gained: Working Experience with Adobe Campaigns and the storage of Marketing Preferences within this.
• Working as a Business Data Analyst is this role.
October 2018 – October 2019 Data Engineer / SSIS Developer at Plan International
• Successfully automated the import of the charity’s data into Care 16r2 using SSIS and C#.
Slashed previous data import / CRM entity creation times by 40%.
• The solution imports contact information, creates any financial gifts given via donors and pledgers for the charity. Data Migration SSIS development during this contract.
July – October 2018 Senior Database Developer at All Response Media
• Create, maintain, improve, and monitor various ETL processes through T-SQL and SSIS.
• Successfully improved performance of Key Performance Indicator Queries, within the ARM RAPs system and developed reports from the compiled data.
• Performance Tuning and Optimization: interpreting query execution plans, indexing strategies and transaction management.
January 2015 – June 2018 Database Administrator at Mind NAMH
• Integrating data from various departments into the Care CRM Database system. Database Administration of the current CRM database server.
• Advising management in the required changes to the database environment, designing / carrying out the planned changes. Leading in tracking and resolving of database related queries, incidents, and developments.
• Delivering accurate and timely reports through use of T-SQL, SSRS, and SSIS. Using SSRS to develop database server monitoring reports and PowerShell scripting to create database backups daily.
February 2013- December 2014 Senior SQL Specialist / Architect at Kilburn & Strode
• Developed SSRS reports to display data that requires data cleansing.
• Extracted information concerning patents, renewals, trademarks, and other intellectual properties from the Intellectual Property CRM database.
April 2012 – February 2013 Database Developer / DBA at NHM
• Successfully planned, implemented, and rolled out the Latest Version of Raisers Edge to the Museum.
• Successfully developed SSIS packages migrating data from the existing OLTP database for the bug tracking system into a star schema data warehouse.
• Successfully developed an application that improved the Finance Department ability to create, update and report on Purchase Orders created on the finance system.
2011 to 2012 SQL Database Administrator at Lateral Group
• B.I. Development with SSIS, SSRS & SSAS, VB.Net and T-SQL. Generated trends analysis reports for customer sales for my clients Dominos, Hobbs Ltd and Everest Windows.
• Data Loading using SSIS, data cleansing, populated and developed the Everest Windows Data warehouse.
1999 to 2011 Short-term Roles including
• Database Administrator for Micros Systems UK Ltd.
• Database Administrator / Support Technician for Coloplast Ltd.
• Database Consultant for International Labour Office (ILO), Geneva, Switzerland.
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest databases lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, SQL lessons for all!
Taking data analysis lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£30|