I think learning should fill children with a sense of confidence and enjoyment and I try to promote this from the beginning, working to bring out their natural creativity and enthusiasm in lessons.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
English, Maths, Science, French and ICT.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Bachelors Degree in Human Kinetics
Associates Degree in Music
Diploma in Business
- How much do you charge?
I charge £25 an hour for a lesson.
- Where do you teach?
I generally tend to teach at the homes of my pupils and am somewhat flexible with travel.
- When are you available?
Most week nights, Sundays (and the occasional Saturday) as well as school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
My specialty is Key Stage 2 in the core subjects as well as French.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Key Stage 2 SATs.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have taught and tutored in a number of schools around the world and for a year in London. I am now based in Rubery, Northfields where I am a Year 5 teacher. I have previously taught music, maths and english to students in a variety of settings and with a variety of abilities.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Newman University, Birmingham.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I tutored children from different backgrounds in London - some who spoke English as only their second (or sometimes third or fourth!) language. Generally, we worked on basic English and Numeracy skills although often we brought in other elements to complement the lessons such as music, French and science.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|