I have a life time of professional experience as a bassoon player shown on my webpage ((concealed information) Over the last 10 years I have also retrained and qualified as a teacher of trumpet with the necessary teaching qualifications.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I can teach all of the reed woodwind and sax instruments as well as trumpet and the higher brass instruments. I can coach music theory and conduct ensembles of all styles.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Studied at the Royal Academy of Music (L.R.A.M)
- How much do you charge?
£30 per hour - first consultation lesson is free.
- Where do you teach?
Lessons are at my private home in Ealing.
- When are you available?
All days and times
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages - all levels
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Playing music is all about getting a buzz of enjoyment from performing. Once the skill of playing a musical instrument is achieved it is for life; so I encourage all to: Practice; play with others in a group situation; listen to music in all its forms and styles; and above all - ENJOY!
- What kind of experience do you have?
Left the Royal Academy of Music to go straight into the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra in Manchester as Sub-Principal Bassoon. After 7 years I left Manchester to come back to London to free-lance in all of the London orchestras as well as orchestras all over the country and abroad. I have taught woodwind in many private and public schools throughout my years in London and for the Berkshire Young Musicians Trust. I now devote my time to teach privately in London.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Gwydion Brooke (Bassoon) Nick Thomson (Classical Trumpet) Martin Shaw (Jazz Trumpet)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am an Honorary Member of the Musicians Union
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||£30||Not available|