Hi! I'm a French horn player and teacher based in Manchester. Inspiring people to enjoy and make music is something I love to do. Please feel free to contact me no matter what age or standard.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Brass is my speciality but I also teach beginner Piano and Music Theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I'm a graduate of the Royal Northern College of Music with a 1st Class Honours Degree
- How much do you charge?
I teach at a rate of £25 per hour, £15 per half hour. For anyone beginning the instrument and wanting a consultation (or some advice!) please do get in contact to discuss a discounted rate.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at my flat in Whalley Range which has an appropriate music room with piano. Otherwise more than happy to travel around Greater Manchester.
- When are you available?
I am completely flexible to fit around any schedule of yours.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages and all abilities welcome!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I'm adaptable for those who want to follow exams (ABRSM or Trinity Guildhall) or for those who would prefer non-exam based teaching.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Skype lessons are no problem for me!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Learning a musical instrument is still one of the best things I've ever done, it is so rewarding and anyone can do it, I'd love to be the one to help you begin (or even continue)!
- What kind of experience do you have?
I've been tutoring at the Junior RNCM since 2013 and the Brass teacher at Urmston Grammar School. I have been a social team member of the National Children's Orchestra of GB as well as a volunteer at In Harmony Liverpool. As a freelance performer I've played with some of the major UK orchestra's including the HallÃ©, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, BBC Philharmonic and others.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, I have a valid up to date DBS.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I studied at the Royal Northern College of Music with Julian Plummer (Co-Principal horn, HallÃ©) and Tim Jackson (Principal horn, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra).
• Bachelor of Music with 1st Class Honours
• Valid DBS
• Royal Northern College of Music
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|