***** Lessons on weekdays between 09:00 and 15:00 wil be charged at £26 p/h until the end of 2018 ********
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Piano, Aural and Theory (ABRSM, LCM, VCM and Trinity syllabuses) and keyboards. Classical, Contemporary, Blues and Jazz.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
DipLCM (Diploma in piano performance), Grade VIII piano with Distinction, Grade VIII theory, 'A' level music, ABRSM Teaching Music Effectively Certificate.
I am a member of the Musicians Union.
- How much do you charge?
£16.00 for half an hour, £32.00 for a one hour lesson. I will travel within 16 miles of Witham.
- Where do you teach?
I teach anywhere within 15 miles of Witham. Braintree, Rivenhall, Cressing, Chelmsford, Hatfield Peverel, Boreham, Great Waltham, Maldon, Heybridge, Terling, Silver End, Kelvedon, Feering, Tiptree, Great Baddow, Galleywood, Writtle, Widford, Ulting, Langford, Wickham Bishops, Little Waltham, Danbury and Great/Little Braxted.
Just about anywhere in central Essex.
- When are you available?
Mon - Fri 08:30 a.m - 20:30 p.m.
Sat 9:00 am - 12:00.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages from 6+ and all levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM, LCM and Trinity Guildhall graded exams. VCM contemporary piano graded exams. Trinity Guildhall Rock/Pop keyboard.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
None as yet.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
My aim is to create musicians who enjoy their music, not exam passing machines.
- What kind of experience do you have?
16 years of teaching piano theory and aural. 18 years accompanying for a professional singing teacher (coaching for ABRSM and LCM exams) I teach and accompany for Outclass Singing in Maldon/Great Bardfield. I am available to accompany instrumental and singing exams up to Diploma.
I am the keyboard player for The Dunmow Wind Band and I form a duo called Cadenza with a professional singer.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I am currently studying the NSPCC 'Child Protection Awareness in Music' course.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Mrs O Pye BMus FRCM, Mrs C A O'Callaghan BEd (Hons) LRAM
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Jamie passed Grade 3 with Distinction.
Skye passed Grade 2 with Distinction.
Kelly is studying Pop and Rock piano. (An adult man who owns his own recording studio).
Nick, a man in his seventies, has just taken up piano.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|