I am willing to provide my tutoring service to those aiming to unleash their potential in GCSE English Literature and Language, GCSE Dance, GCSE Religious Studies and below (particularly for Christianity and Islam) regardless of what current academic level they are residing in! Willing to aid anyone that wants to get what they want in their life! By maintaining regular sessions catered towards their own learning styles, I try to identify their foundation of work and develop from this. My motto is: "push, push and when the sweat starts coming, push some more!".
Currently, I am in the Oxford of University studying Theology and Religion. I am able to empathise with the modern student in their concerns and wishes to achieve their highest possible grade. Starting from mentoring my own siblings to younger students in my school, I have aided them towards success for their own exams by developing their knowledge and confidence. I have generally embarked on various journeys that have allowed by own knowledge to evolve in order to deliver to mentees, such as visiting local Mosques to gain further understanding of the Islam.
My rates will only increase according to distance I would have to travel, for example I would be willing to travel to Tamworth under special circumstances however, my rate for travel expenses may increase. Also, I charge a £5 cancellation fee, if cancelled within the hour (unless there are extraordinary circumstances).
Laila René Mafemba
Address: 59 Blackrock Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 7XR
Email: (concealed information)
Telephone: (concealed information)2
Date of Birth: 27/12/1999
A highly charismatic and motivated secondary school student in First Year Sixth Form with the altitudinous knowledge of how to communicate and approach others regardless of age demographic in a compassionate and perceptive manner. My exposure to an ethnically diverse environment which enables me to be appreciative towards others needs and demands. The attentive conduct towards peers allows me to grasp onto the ideas and criticism of others in a professional and orderly fashion. I have the ability to use my own initiative and co-operate honourably with peers under pressure to maintain high standards and meet objectives. First-class communication and organisation skills with the will and determination needed to succeed.
- Presented a TEDxTalks on the topic of Female Genital Mutilation to explore freedom of children and presented in the Houses of Commons on social issues such as recent developments in education.
- Mentored younger students starting Secondary School to ensure comfortability, reassurance and relaxation and KS3 students in various subjects like English Literature and Religious Studies.
- Successfully organised a charity fundraiser for orphans in Zimbabwe through cakes, hampers, raffles.
- Willingly assisted teaching children of age’s 3-12 outdoor safety, including road safety, Internet safety and “stranger danger” safety). Awarded children Certificates of resilience and awareness.
- Won 2nd place in a National Competition of an “Evaluation of the Disadvantages and Advantages of Apprenticeships”. Reward included a 6 week programme of coaching and mentoring from members of the Birmingham City Council.
-Shadowed underneath Senior Nurse, assisted in preparing food for patients and observing techniques as well as learning how to co-operate in a high demand environment.
- Participated in the NCS (The Challenge) programme for 4 weeks which heightened skills of determination, teamwork, empathy and responsibility.
- Provided a babysitting service with various clients that offer warmth, support and stimulation for children.
Currently still in North Birmingham Academy Sixth Form for 3 A-Levels. Studying a wide range of courses to extend my knowledge. Aspiring to attend the University of Oxford in 2018. Developed the capability to motivate myself to undertake self-managed studies. Also, planning and organising effectively to meet deadlines.
10 GCSEs and 1 BTEC (achieved grades), North Birmingham Academy, Erdington, Birmingham: since 2010-2016 :
- English Language (A*)
- English Literature (A*)
- Philosophy and Ethics (A*)
- History (A)
- BTEC ICT (Distinction)
- Dance (A)
- French (B)
- Maths (C)
- Physics (C)
- Chemistry (C)
- Biology (D)
3 A-Level subjects (expected grades). North Birmingham Academy Sixth Form, Erdington, Birmingham: since 2016 – 2018:
- A-Level English Literature ( A )
- A-Level Religious Studies ( A )
- A-Level Sociology ( A* )
Rock Up, Broadway Plaza, 220 Ladywood Middleway, Birmingham, B16 8LP
- In this part job, my career was centered around providing a predominately young audience the best replica of an indoor rock climbing experience. For this to be achieved, my duties involved being a party host by which I aimed to provide an exquisite service whereby birthday children feel as though the day revolved around them. Additionally, working in the building's café required attentiveness, precision and organisation to present the best quality of food service, more importantly for children whom are more sensitive to illness and diseases.
general knowledge lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sociology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, current affairs lessons for all!
Taking philosophy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£19||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£175||Not available|