I base my lessons on starting up a computer all the way to advance use of a pc. I teach ranging from school all the way up to degree level or an absolute beginner. I do Group or individual context.
I am a small business owner of AJ computer specialists for 10 years and used utilized computers for 17 years. I have repaired many computers. and taught many OAP's for 6 years. I have a degree in Information Systems Design.
I am a fully determined and multi-talented individual with strong interpersonal skills, possessing a forward thinking and positive approach. Having attained broad IT skills for a number of years, I hold great passion and aptitude in:
• Customer Service, Extremely Helpful;
• Proven problem solving skills in IT hardware/software and IT Infrastructure;
• Natural Affinity for Support and troubleshooting of any kind;
• Willing to learn more from experience and training, IT born & bred.
Also possess great self-initiative and proven skills in supporting users in namely education and domestic/business users. Overall, a very spontaneous individual; I am eager to work for or with an organisation in Technical IT & Business Support, Service Desk Engineer & Administrative tasks and/or Systems Development offering my above qualities and the skills outlined to you below:
An overall aptitude for IT; Portraying a Technical mind-set in which any IT skill can be learnt.
IT Hard/Soft Ware & Support – Troubleshooting of Laptop, Desktop, Tablet, Android, iPad, Windows,
Apple iOS OSX & Server 2003-08, Google Cloud, One Drive, FTP, TeamViewer.
Project Management, Analysis, Design, Development & testing of Applications, User Requirements
Waterfall Lifecycle, Analyse requirements & Phase Development
Web & Programming SQL PL/SQL, Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash & Photoshop. HTML & CSS, FTP & IIS. Relational database design & normalisation, Basic Java, C++ gained at University.
Utilizing Applications & OS Support, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1 & 10 (All versions), Command, Citrix, Windows 2003 Server w/ Active Directory, ZenWorks Remote Control. Office 365, Outlook/Office 2010-16
Communications TCP/IP Addressing, Network Support & Build, Configure IT Devices incl Wi-Fi; Email Service POP/IMAP
Microsoft Office – 2003-16 incl Office 365. Troubleshooting Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook
SEO – Search Engine Optimisation techniques On & Off Page incl Google Adwords.
Mobile Technology – iOS, Android 6 Marshmallow and earlier, Apple Ipad, phone 1-7 Samsung Galaxy.
Liaised with colleagues and managers in all levels of authority to solve problems from start to finish in the environments outlined in the variety of employers listed below.
• Application fault finding on local workstations, network & servers; Face to face, Phone & Remote Access.
• Troubleshooting IT infrastructure - hardware and software; solving problems under pressure.
• Able to communicate in correct terminology to appropriate levels of users
• Able to MEET clients budget whatever the nature of organisation.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
BSc (Hons) Information Systems Design University of Central Lancashire 2000-2003
BTEC National Diploma Computer Studies Southport College 1998-2000
9 GCSE’s including Mathematics and English Birkdale High School 1993-2000
F/T Service Desk ENGINEER – AJ Computer Specialists Mar 07 – March 2019
• Supported a client base of more than 530 users consisting of domestic and business users.
• Created and promoted website ajcomputerspecialists.co.uk
• Ran business whilst part time sales assistant in 2007-2010
• Maintained & repaired all types of PC in Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 10 for all kinds of user.
• Windows 10 Installation and upgrades 1803 builds
• Troubleshoot of Wi-Fi Devices & broadband IP addressing and router diagnosis.
• Setup peripherals such as external hard drives and printers.
• Strong customer liaison & retention, delivering IT Support over the phone & Face-to-Face.
• Replaced and installed internal hardware including 2.5”, 3.5” Hard Drives & RAM
• Website Developed for small business start-ups utilizing Dreamweaver, CSS & HTML
• Utilized IT helpdesk system, incident management & call logging system self-devised In MS Access.
• Site Hosting, Email creation and setup of domain accounts plus (FTP) File Transfer
• Owner/Manager leading employee in a shop front IT Support environment.
• Solved and troubleshoot of all IT related problems & All types of PC.
• Liaised with IT Suppliers for discounted gear and ordering of products.
• Supported MS Office 2003-2013 & 365 applications.
• Setup & rectified Email Accounts via Outlook & Windows Live Mail.
• Setup MacBook Pro and IMac; Hard drive replacement, Screen repair and OS Fixes.
Achievements – Promoted my own company online and locally within Merseyside. Supported Clients include Local Letting Agency, John H Boston Building Contractors, Lancashire Glass, TLM Building, Pro Design Group Southport prodesigngroup.co.uk & more.
IT Technician – Fairfield High School Dec 04- Mar-07
• Supported Users both students and staff on the curriculum Network, face-to-face and via telephone.
• Configured Desktop PC‘s, WYSE terminals, servers in 3 buildings over two Networks.
• Configured and maintained Active Directory, Server 2003/08, Win XP, Citrix, DHCP and TCP/IP.
• Maintained effective IT Resources and liaised with external suppliers on upgrading hardware.
• Working in a team and individually using own initiative to fix problems.
• Reshuffled network, VSIO design, incremented new networking points, upgraded & installation • Troubleshoot through Citrix and Windows Command Line also basic Linux commands.
• Maintained and ran backups on the curriculum and administration server networks.
• Held meetings for large projects such as the revamp of website.
• Ordering bulk IT desktops and liaising with IT suppliers over the phone.
• Adding desktops to domain and using Symantec Ghost for re-imaging.
• Took the role as sole Arts technician at same time in specialised Performing Arts campus
• Supported Projectors in Classrooms. Setup laptops connected to AV equipment for presentations under pressure & assembly etc both sound & display for projectors computer based presentations.
Achievements – 1. Website Re-vamp, trained colleague in process. Received a congratulatory letter from the headmaster. Website became more dependent upon by end users.
2. Responsible for the Curriculum Network Reconfiguration. – A huge fresh challenge. Designed/Edited Network Map using VSIO. Budgeted for hardware upgrades, installed and linked switches. Worked in a team. Improved performance by 45%. I ensured budget timescales were successfully met
Systems Analyst/Spec Developer - Redland software Ltd Aug 04 – Oct 04
• Liaised with clients and agreed requirements
• Developed Functional Specification
• Assisted with project management
Web Developer - Landmark Environmental Ltd Jul 02 –Jan 03
• Liaised with manager and marketing
• Provided technical plan & schedule, MS Project
• Analysed, Designed, Implemented website using Macromedia Dreamweaver, Flash
Staff IT Helpdesk - Edge Hill College (PLACEMENT) Feb 00 – Mar 00
Providing MS Office solutions to staff, Technical Support, Remote Support
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest databases lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, it security lessons for all!
Taking computer repair lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£22||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£45||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£79||£100|