Hard work and persistence is the key to success, so as long as you put in the time and work, you will surely succeed.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Maths, Physics, Chemistry, ICT and Spanish.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BSc Hons in Electronics and MCP in XP, Windows 7 and Server 2003.
- How much do you charge?
For the first lesson, I charge 60% of my hourly rate. My rate varies from £10 - £20 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at my home or the students' homes. I live in Croydon town (Surrey) and nearby commutable counties are London and Kent.
- When are you available?
Mon - Sat (08.00 - 20.00) and Sun (10.00 - 18.00).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
From 7 years to adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
KS2, KS3, GCSE, A levels and higher education.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Skype, remote support software and social media.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Network infrastructure in desktop and server for over a decade.
- Estate management for over 5 years.
- Travel & Leisure for about 3 years.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
By profession, I am an IT professional and usually work on short term projects or contracts. I have been doing this on/off for over a decade, alongside home tutoring. Without blowing my own trumpet, I will say I do have a wealth of experience due to age in life and previous line of employments. Before I became an IT professional, I have had about 5 years in property management and before that, I had about 3 years in the Travel & Leisure industry.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
IEEE and Microsoft.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My passion has always been teaching BUT never fancied school/college classroom teaching. A good friend of mine who in my words would say is very knowledgeable with years in education on the top level, advised me to look into home tutoring on this scale. I have been tutoring my teenage children since day one of their lives and also my family members & friends. 2 of my family members just finished their degrees accountancy & media communication and both passed with very good grades. My children were a bit slow in Maths & Science (since they moved back from another European country) but now, they are in the top set in both Maths and Science...not to mention, top marks in Spanish.
During the past years, i have gotten more confident when doing short division in maths. Also with the rule of rounding up, I used to be confused. My maths grades have also gone up since year 7
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|