In-depth essay tutoring and marking with great turnover times to make sure you're never at a loss in class
- By webcam
1st lesson free!
I will walk you through the whole essay writing process: starting with reading the question and planning, then moving on to essay structure, and finally spending the rest of our time looking at critical thinking and correct terminology. I will then be available to mark your essay for a reduced price with quick turnarounds.
If you would like a £50 5 session essay workshop, the details are as follows:
This course is for A-Level (or the equivalent) English Literature or History students who feel at a loss with their coursework. I will help you through the whole process from start to finish, giving you the tools to become an independent thinker in the process - so you can do it all yourself the next time around!
1. Have a look at your question and discuss what it means and what the examiner is looking for. We highlight the most important words and begin planning your essay. We will discuss the types of essay question you can get and how to tackle each of these. By the end of this lesson, you will have a detailed plan for your essay and a good place to start with your reading*. I will ask you to keep note of the quotes and pieces of information you think will be useful for the next lesson
2. We will then look at the evidence you have been able to get on the question at large. This will be built upon using the evidence and information that you have been able to gather through reading and research. We will slot this into your essay plan together so that you have a good idea of where the information should go. We will then discuss how to use this information to form an argument and spend this time coming up with a sentence-long argument for your essay. I will ask you to continue reading, this time looking specifically at what your secondary reading is saying about your topic, as opposed to looking for facts.
3. We will now move on to the essay writing structure. This is where we will look at the PETAL essay writing structure and explain how this fits your essay. We will plan your essay in more detail, using PETAL for each one of your main body paragraphs. Then, if we have any time left over, we will look at your introduction and conclusion (as it is better to have an argument before you write those to stay consistent). I will ask you to write a draft of these paragraphs for the next time.
4. If you have sent your paragraphs to me at least a day before the session, we will have a look at these and mark them, giving you as much feedback as necessary. Otherwise, all your feedback for those will be given on the document, and you can ask me questions through messages. We will also focus in particular on your introduction and conclusion. I will ask you to finish writing those for next time.
5. Your whole essay should come together now! If you have sent me your introduction and conclusion at least a day before this, I will have these ready for verbal feedback to discuss at the beginning of the lesson. We will focus on the bibliography and cleaning up your work, making it look more concise and examiner-ready. I will give you information on different referencing styles and make sure that the whole essay has good flow. This is your opportunity to finish your essay.
Also included is one extra whole essay feedback. This will be sent through the comments on your document, and I will be available to answer any questions you may have about my feedback. If you would like me to read over your essay again, this will result in an extra charge of £5 each time.
You will also get my personal notes on various parts of the essay writing process, including an in-depth worksheet on the PETAL structure and separate worksheets on introductions, conclusions, research and referencing.
All of my personal notes will be available on Edmodo, which is a free service for teachers to liaison with their students. This is where I will also ask you to submit your assignments for marking.
I cannot write the essay for you, as this will go against exam board rules. I can, however, provide detailed feedback and basic proofreading throughout and I am always available to answer questions.
*It is your responsibility to do the necessary reading and research. I will not do these for you, but I will point you in the right direction. If you haven't been able to do this for the lesson, we can reschedule (provided you've told me at least 6 hours before).
I have been a tutor for six years and can provide excellent editing and proofreading. Students who have enlisted my essay tutoring for their English Language, English Literature and History coursework have been able to improve from a C grade to an A.
Shani is an experienced English tutor with excellent understanding of English language and English grammar. She proofread and corrected many of my works, including university essays. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a great proofreader or English tutor.
Shani gives incredibly helpful and concise criticism when proofreading and editing my writing, it's always easily understandable but complex ideas are never lost in simplicity. I would recommend Shani heavily to anyone looking for an amazing teacher or tutor!
View more recommendations
If you would like to opt into the 5-session masterclass on essay writing, please message me! It will cost £100 and include material and one extra round of feedback.
Any extra feedback and marking will cost £5 each time with the 5 lesson scheme and will be the price of one one-off lesson otherwise.
Unfortunately, I will not mark your essay for the free first class. That will be spent giving you verbal feedback on your writing, providing you with information on where to start and working out what we need to improve on. If you would just like a tutor who can provide essay feedback, arrange the free lesson with me and then each following lesson will work as a deadline for me to get your feedback to you.
Please note that all cancellations require 12 hours notice. (6 hours if you do the 5 session scheme). If you cancel within 12 hours of the lesson, the full lesson price will be charged.
Generally, I really try to tailor my teaching methods to the student and what they are currently struggling in. However, my...
I provide personalized support for individuals who are struggling with English. I can help them to understand what areas...
My teaching methods encourage students to constantly challenge long standing ideas and come to their own conclusion. I...
I start by establishing a respectful and ambitious learning relationship with a student. I want to know a student's...
I teach English Language and Literature GCSE and A level, Functional Skills, and degree and postgraduate English. I use...
My teaching method is using repetition. I will go over the work many times until it's ingrained in your mind. I would use...
I am Muziya Namukulwa, currently working as a teaching assistant/tutor for primary school children. I have a degree in...
Hi! My name is Laura and I am a second year law student. My lessons are geared towards GCSE and A-level students and my...
Having worked in the further education sector I am extremely confident in structuring the best lesson plans and techniques...
I aim to create a safe space for students to learn as well as interact in a fun way with the work they are presented. I...
As a teacher I am wholly focused on my students, tailoring lessons to their individual needs and desired skills. There is no...
I give lessons to students of all types and levels. I do specialise in teaching grammar, key expressions, correct...
My teaching method is to target areas of weakness for students and help them improve exponentially in these areas. I also...
I approach each subject systemically by starting at a foundational level and then progressively increasing difficulty. I...
I have given lessons to students from primary to GCSE level. I like to create a lesson plan beforehand to highlight the...
I base my classes on a structured approach making sure that whatever is taught to the child is completely understood and...
Coming from a psychology background, my teaching methods enable students to understand topic thoroughly, remain patient and...
My methods of teaching vary. Sometimes I teach students through interactive power-points where I am not only able to talk...
I think active consolidation is the best route to success. By utilising previous materials in English and History, you are...
I aim to provide sessions which are both engaging and educational for your child. I create and curate material from a number...
Describe the problem encountered on this ad