I have substantial experience both in teaching academic subjects in Schools and Colleges to degree level, based on professional experience in the health and social care field. In addition I have a particular interest in supporting children and adults with a learning disability.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Social Care, Sociology, Social Policy and Politics. In addition supporting children with a learning disability.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I am a qualified teacher holding qualifications in Special Education and a MA in Social Policy.
- How much do you charge?
Basic charge of £25 per hour. Initial consultation free. Travel expenses by negotiation.
- Where do you teach?
Teach either at home/ students' home.
Nearby towns:- Bradford;Wakefield; Harrogate or other West/North Yorkshire places.
- When are you available?
Monday to Friday
9am - 6pm or by special arangement.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
As required by nature of the persons needs.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Via email and telephone.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have experience working in Schools and was a Deputy Head of a Special School before moving to become a Principal Officer in a Social Services Department.I have also taught the academic subjects noted at various levels in Colleges, Schools and FE Colleges.
I have also acted as a BTEC External Examiner in Social care subjects.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Full CRB disclosure certificate held.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Liverpool Institute of Education (CF Mott College of Education)
University of Leeds
University of York
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Member of the Institute for Learning.
• Cert.Ed. Adv. Dip.Special Ed. MA
• Current CRB
• Member Institute for Learning
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|