I am happy to help with all stages of students wishing to pursue fashion; whether that be creating a portfolio for a university application, university coursework or applying for a fashion design/related job. I teach mostly online when regarding design skills, but am based in London and more than happy to teach in person evenings and weekends too.
I love to pull the potential out of each design student and find a unique spark that will help you stand out. I have 3+ years work experience for both start-up and large global brands, and very open to share my fashion contacts and advice.
In May 2018 I graduated with a BA hons in Design (1st) from The University of Edinburgh, with an exchange to the Amsterdam Institute of Fashion.
Whilst completing my studies in Amsterdam I joined the ethical luxury brand OSIER as an accessories designer, and since assisted with marketing strategies, international sales, and sustainability events; bringing OSIER from a two-man team to an award-winning brand retailing in global markets.
Throughout my education and work experience I have confidently developed in research, CAD, prototyping; including programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Lectra Modaris, and Sketch Up. Through my studies we focused heavily on hand illustrations, design style, creating a fluid and unique aesthetic, creative pattern cutting and tailoring sills. As well as developing a diverse portfolio both physical and digital, I also hand-crafted a 6-outfit collection which was showcased at Graduate Fashion Week London. My collection was focused on ethical and sustainable design.
I am flexible for the lesson duration, for a portfolio consultation you may need only 1 hour, to work on your portfolio I would suggest 3-4 hours, and for sewing lessons (making a dress, shirt, trousers, jeans...) I would suggest around 5-8 hours to complete them within the day! :)
Please let me know if you'd like to cancel as early as you can, 24 hours before is the minimum cancellation :)
• British School in Tokyo, Shibuya, Japan
• Kineton Highschool, England, UK
• SCEGGS Redlands, Sydney, Australia
• The University of Edinburgh
International Baccalaureate Diploma 39 Points
- (Higher Level) Business & Management (6),
Biology (6) and Visual Arts (7)
- (Standard Level) English Literature (5), Spanish initio (7), Mathematical studies (7)
- Theory of Knowledge, Extended Essay (1) and CAS (Creativity, Action, Service).
- First class Fashion BA(Hons) The university of
Edinburgh & Edinburgh award 2018
-Amsterdam fashion institute (exchange)
- Photoshop, Indesign, after effects, sketch and Illustrator (adobe)
- Microsoft Word, Excel
& PowerPoint on Macintosh & Windows
- Lectra Modaris 3D design
- Graphic design & UX design
- Python (intermediate) and GIT proficient
- Pattern cutting, drafting, prototyping, design
- Professional proficiency Spanish and Japanese
- Organisation and time management, class
representative for Fashion (second & third year)
- CodeFirstGirls advanced python (2019)
- CodeFirstGirls python Competition winner(2019)
- CodeFirstGirls Beginner (2019)
-Luxury fashion and sustainability (2019)
(business & management)
-Vivienne Westwood ethical & Sustainable award YYK accessories award (shortlist) (2018)
-Boohoo Social Media award finalist at GFW (2018)
-Edinburgh award UoE (2018)
- Michael Kors Accessories finalist (2016)
- Mackintosh OUTERWEAR design finalist (2016)
- Top achievers HSC & IB Redlands school (2013)
- Art, Spanish and Mathematics IB Award (2013)
Graduate Tailor Lot1 Levi Strauss & Co. (Oct 18 – Date)
- balancing the perfect combination of denim weight, properties, ageing, and details to suit individual clients.
- I research and present current and future sustainable strategies to our team as well as develop unique and practical tailoring skills
HEAD OF DESIGN at OSIER The Label (Jun 17 – May 19)
- Vegan luxury market accessories brand
- Designing the full range of women’s accessories
- sketch, technical drawings, market research, trend reports, website content, digital merchandising
- Overseeing factory manufacturing Bucharest, Romania
- marketing, styling, social media and mailing outlets.
Code First Girls Ambassador (Feb-July 19)
-During our beginner and advanced python courses i managed socials, meet-ups, and began developing an additional London community for girls proactively entering into tech
Internship at Bourgeois Boheme (Jun-Aug 16)
- Vegan footwear brand based in London,
- Managed back-end website content and stock controls, directed creative vision of photoshoots
- Gained a wide breadth of business experience
Bilingual tutoring for Spanish and English (Edinburgh, 2017)
- Tutoring Spanish, Mathematics and English at Redlands Junior School (Sydney 2011-2014)
Edinburgh Charity Fashion Show committee 2015 and 2016
-Front of house organisation and backstage
administration, coordinating hair and make-up, dressings and rehearsals.
- Teamwork and stress management with tight deadlines
fashion design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sewing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sewing machinery lessons for all!
Taking embroidery lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|