Firstly I offer a free initial video consultation to define your individual requirements so I can tailor the sessions specifically to you. Previous work/a portfolio is great to see, if you’re a beginner we can discuss what you’d like to learn and achieve. Whilst getting to know one another I will also provide some resources for us to discuss so I can see how your brain interprets 3D relationships.
Following this, I will create a plan of action for us to follow to help you achieve your goal.
I am very honest with my approach, and will help you turn your weaknesses into strengths, as well as encouraging you to develop your own unique design style, brand & process (and the confidence to execute!). I will encourage you to think outside the box & realise potential routes to your goal you hadn’t previously considered.
I can help with:
• Creating a vision and portfolio that demonstrates your designer DNA.
• Creating a portfolio for application to a Fashion Degree.
• Help collecting the right ingredients & contacts to start a fashion label.
• Developing original textiles.
• How to create a pattern, and how to grade it.
• How to use a sewing machine, and how to sew different types of seams, collars, cuffs, pockets, hems, sleeves, waistbands, trousers & fastenings.
I provide 24 hour support.
Any questions you have about working in the industry or studying a Fashion degree I am more than happy to help with.
I am a Central Saint Martins Graduate holding both a BA in Fashion Print and a Foundation Degree. I was taught by Elisa Palomino (John Galliano’s right hand when he was at Dior), Natalie Gibson (MBE), Esme Young (of the Great British Sewing Bee) & David Kappo (quite possibly the best tutor ever!).
I have 12 years experience in the fashion industry having worked for brands such as Celine, Loewe, Xander Zhou, Grayson Perry, Mimi Wade, Ashley Williams and Gucci. My speciality is designing one-of-a-kind, unique designs & textiles through a distinguished design vision. I have previously tutored students to gain entry onto the Central Saint Martins Fashion BA, as well as critiquing portfolios to industry standard.
My specified travel costs are within London only. I am more than happy to travel further afield however it will incur a higher charge.
Designer & Studio Assistant
December 2015 - May 2016
- Organised & fitted models.
- Developed creative textiles with embroidery from rough ideas.
- Mood boards.
- Stitched finishings onto final garments.
- Studio preparations.
September 2014 - September 2015
- Interpreted designer’s sketches into patterns.
- Developed blocks from vintage garments without deconstruction.
- Translated alterations onto patterns following fittings (including dart pleats).
- Sourced specific fabrics across London.
- Material development: Realisation of new textiles from research & drawings.
- Backstage preparations, dressing models.
LOVERBOY & SHOWstudio
June 2014 - August 2014
Assistant for film.
May 2014 - June 2014
- Transferred & edited rough designs for silk screen printing.
- Cut Saga Furs mink skins & developed into tassels.
- Hand stitched finishings onto final garments.
April 2014 - May 2014
- Personalised research & character distillation.
- Collection of designs & embellishment based fabric development according to Grayson’s preferences.
- Creative solutions to all design problems posed.
- Bespoke, made to measure patterns.
- Fittings & alterations on Grayson.
January 2014 - April 2014
- Personal research developed into a collection.
- Extensive fabric sample development in leather.
- Directed lookbook photoshoot with Louisa Ballou, Alex Kessler & Justin Gong.
October 2013 - December 2013
- Draping & studio shoots as research.
- Research trip to Italy.
- Silk screen prints & embellishment.
- Developed collection with team of 5 others.
- Presentation of 6 look capsule collection.
JAMES THESEUS BUCK
May 2013 - August 2013
- Assisted during fittings.
- Sourced fabrics & developed finishings for final garments.
- Creative development of new textile techniques.
- Extensive embroidery & embellishment experience.
Collaboration with Charlie & Joe and Karen Langley.
July 2012 - August 2012
- Edited patterns after fittings.
- Graded patterns for production.
- Experience cutting printed, striped & on the bias.
- Draping on the stand.
- Research of new shapes & tailoring according to loose brief.
Koralena is a highly knowledgable, kind & patient teacher. I would most certainly recommend her
Since Koral started helping me I can honestly say I have advanced in only 3 weeks what I haven’t managed to do in 3 years. She truly understood my creative side and pushed me to explore and deliver exactly what I’ve been dreaming of for years. I cant wait to see how far I go with korals guidance and advise. Stay tuned
Koralena is the best tutor; she is the most creative and stylish person, as well as being helpful. I could not have finished my fashion design degree without her! She’s inspirational! She always gave me encouragement with my creativity and had so much knowledge on pattern cutting, which I struggled with.
Koralena is an expert in fashion. She's full of original and sustainable ideas with great interpersonal skills for collaborative or individual project.
I’ve known koralena for a few years now. She’s highly creative and very supportive of helping others reach their creative goals. She’s kind, patient and encouraging and will help achieve the highest potential In each student.
Koralena is fantastic. Not only is she an incredibly trustworthy and conscientious tutor. She is kind, thoughtful, patient with beginners and inspirational with students with more experience and a higher range of skills. She has worked and learnt with the best in her industry and communicates her ideas so clearly and precisely it is impossible not to learn quickly. She is also lots of fun and immensely creative to be around and learn from. I couldn’t recommend her highly enough.
I went to Koral as I needed help developing my Design portfolio whilst applying for university.
Within an hour Koral helped me de clutter my portfolio and bring out my ideas in a cohesive and unique way.
I have an interview online (due to covid) for my first choice fashion school, I believe this is largely due to Koral’s help.
She is also a super talented seamstress and gave me great advice on my sewing technique. I have another session with her next week to gain a little bit of advice and prep me for my Interview.
fashion design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sewing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sewing machinery lessons for all!
Taking fabric printing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£75||£60|
|5 hours||Not available||£350||£300|
|10 hours||Not available||£650||£600|