My method is to first get to know the student(s) and their current level. Once I have grasped this we can then identify the goals that they wish to achieve. This will help me to set out SMART based targets and assist with the development throughout. If it's a lesson based environment you are looking for I can cover a whole host of skills from basic development practices for beginners, as well as a whole host of subject around that area to help you become the best professional possible.
I am a former development team head with over 10 years commercial experience building global web and desktop based applications. I have over 15 years working as a professional in a technical capacity and feel my overall qualities would assist individuals and small groups in improving their technical abilities and the approach they take to software development methods. I have brought on apprentices within a professional environment to become fully fledged Testers, Developers and Technical Authors.
A Level and HND in Computing
Current Study for MSc in Business with focus on computing based thesis
HEAD OF DELIVERY AND LEAD DEVELOPER (JAN 2017 – DEC 2017)
• Accountable for planning, directing and coordinating the delivery of the company’s professional services provision.
• Developed and oversaw the delivery of 2 cloud hosted web-based applications for Ingram Micro. As a first of a kind ‘as a service’ solution, they utilised the technology for ‘HP as a service’ and ‘Microsoft as a service’. This included real-time pricing and stock for hardware and software as well as a single sign-on gateway and calculations for cost as a service with specific APR uplifts.
• Working closely with the Crown Commercial Service (CCS), delivered a solution integrated into their existing marketplace, to enable public sector organisations to purchase a suitable multi-function device solution. Once a suitable set of requirements were captured, a request for quote (RFQ) would be generated allowing suppliers to tender. This was delivered to the UK market and was received with positive reviews.
• Additionally, working with CCS, I developed a set of processes that allowed customers to take advantage of single sign-on from their existing systems for clean authentication into a marketplace. Once they had picked the products they would like to purchase, these would be passed across as cXML purchase orders directly punched into the chosen supplier’s ERP solution. This saved on PDF PO’s that were used within the public sector previously.
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (DEC 2011 – JAN 2017)
• Primarily working within an ASP.net environment with C#. Built products for Web and Desktop pulling data from either SQL databases or generated API’s and Web Services (SOAP, RESTful, WCF).
• Tasked with managing and coordinating the full development lifecycle including requirements gathering, building data aspects in SQL, and developing rich web and desktop-based solutions in alignment with product specifications.
• Spearheaded the design, development and delivery of the Lenovo Pre-Sales Advisor and IBM Power & Storage Pre-Sales Advisor solutions encompassing the design of a scalable configuration solution for IBM with easy-to-use administrative tools which was subsequently demonstrated at the European HQ in Milan and North Carolina, USA and rolled out worldwide in more than 20 languages.
• Oversaw and planned the migration to GIT as a source control repository from the previous Team Foundation Server (TFS) in addition to the move to a Continuous Integration (CI) environment to deliver Mercato’s platforms into Azure.
• Built, managed and maintained effective relationships with key stakeholders and executives across IT and legal functions.
• Cultivated and managed client engagements for the Pre-Sales Advisor tooling for IBM and Lenovo.
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer programming lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, HTML lessons for all!
Taking C# lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|