I am an experienced teacher with a demonstrated history of working in higher education and special education. I teach in one-on-one and group settings with lessons customized to the needs of the student(s). My lessons are interdisciplinary and taught from a historical perspective whenever applicable. I am an approachable teacher who welcomes student interaction and argumentation.
I am skilled in Teaching, Research, Academic Writing, Grant Writing, Higher Education, Special Education, Bioethics, Counseling, Public Speaking, Tutoring, Editing, Publishing and Community Outreach. Strong education professional with a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) focused in Philosophy from Fordham University.
I have taught seven undergraduate courses of up to 35 students focused on the topics of Ethics, Human Nature, Bioethics, Applied Ethics, and Logic. Prior to this, I worked one-on-one in a university writing center assisting undergraduate and graduate students with academic writing in all stages. I have also tutored in special education settings and ESL, international, and learning disabled students.
My lessons, tutoring, and letters of recommendation have enabled students to succeed by achieving high grades and test scores, as well as entrance into selective study abroad and leadership programs.
Fordham University, New York, NY
Ph.D. in Philosophy, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, 2017
● Dissertation Title: Nature, Value, and Virtue: An Evolutionary Defense of Moral Realism
● Analyzed moral judgments using research in biology, neuroscience, and developmental psychology
MA in Philosophy, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, 2012
BA in Philosophy, Fordham College at Lincoln Center, 2010
Competitive Awards and Honors: Research Fellowship, Centennial Scholarship, International Travel Award
Montefiore Einstein Center for Bioethics, Bronx, NY
Certificate in Bioethics and Medical Humanities, 2016
Consulting, March 2017-Present
● Develop individualized lesson plans and projects customized to student needs
Fordham University, August 2006 - May 2017
Teaching Fellow, Department of Philosophy, Bronx, NY, August 2012-May 2017
● Taught seven undergraduate sections of Ethics, Applied Ethics, Bioethics, and Human Nature
● Developed syllabi, selected readings, and created and graded writing, research, and group assignments
● Engaged students through discussion-based lessons and interactive audio, visual, and group exercises
● Mentored young adults of differing ability levels, ethnic backgrounds, and socio-economic statuses
Writing Tutor, Writing Center, Bronx, NY, August 2011-May 2012
● Assisted undergraduate and graduate students in planning, outlining, writing, and editing essays
Administrative Assistant, Bronx, NY, August 2010-May 2011
● Maintained schedules, appointments, phone calls, websites, emails, and dates for professionals
Library Assistant, Quinn Library, New York, NY, August 2006-August 2016
● Operated a university library, developed online research guides, crafted grant proposals, assisted patrons
Montefiore Einstein Center for Bioethics, Bronx, NY, August 2016-May 2017
Bioethics and Medical Humanities Guest Lecturer and Capstone Advisor
● Lectured to medical professionals in a team of lawyers, physicians, and experts in medical humanities
● Mentored student in the Masters in Bioethics program in writing the capstone essay
Metzenbaum Center for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities, Chesterland, OH, 2002-2010
● Led groups of ten juveniles and adolescents with physical, mental, and developmental disabilities
● Prepared incident reports and implemented individual educational, behavioral, and treatment plans
● Administered medication, specialized feeding, and bathroom assistance
● Developed group activities, promoted group interaction, and motivated individuals to participate in activities
People in Action for Cultural Enrichment (PACE), Rowarowa, Ghana, June 2008
● Built reading comprehension skills in juveniles through literacy exercises
● Taught science, geography, writing, and HIV/AIDS awareness at a high school
EVENT PLANNING EXPERIENCE
2015 Conference Director. 6th Biennial Red Star Line International Conference. Antwerp-Fordham.
2012 Publicity Director. Fordham Graduate Philosophy Conference: “The Truth of Ethics.”
Spanish and French
Advanced writing and reading | intermediate speaking
psychology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ethics lessons for all!
Taking moral and civic education lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£31||£31|
|5 hours||Not available||£117||£156|
|10 hours||Not available||£234||£312|