Responsive concise style entirely focused on helping students achieve their maximal potential.
Highly qualified and well established tutor.
I tutor for excellence and can hep students study at whichever level they feel comfortable.
Competent with all exam boards with a strong record of success.
Proven academic record
Polite, organised and responsive tutor
Anatomy BSc Graduate (KCL), Prize winner
Taught over 20 students in all elements of my speciality topics
A levels- 3 A grades: Biology, Chemistry, English Literature
AS Level- Maths Grade B
GCSE- 7A* and A grades
Hourly rates In person-
A Level- £23
A Level- £19
Reduced rates via Skype
St George’s Hospital Medical School- University of London (SGUL) (2011-2017)
Medicine (MBBS 5 year course).
• Received the anatomy prize for my first year exam performance (see prize section).
• Achieved an exam score in the top decile over the first two years at medical school and received a merit.
King’s College London (KCL) (2013-2014)
Intercalated BSc – 1st Class Honours
• Graduated in July 2014 in Anatomy, Developmental and Human Biology. Won two prizes for my dissection and exam performance (see prize section).
• Modules completed as part of my BSc are listed below:
- Data Analysis Project (30 credits) – Achieved 1st class: ‘Detecting Prostate Cancer, the role of Multi-parametric MRI.’
- Surgical science (30 credits)– Achieved 1st class
- Surgical anatomy (15 credits) – Achieved 1st class: Project in hand dissection that involved the exploration of numerous anatomical structures.
- Advanced anatomy (30 credits) – Achieved 1st class: Supervised by Prof Alastair Hunter, Term 1project; ‘blood supply to the cerebrum’. Term 2 – Blood supply to the Cruciate Ligaments. Expanded the study to a further 20 limbs and studies genicular branching pattern and vessel diameter.
- Biology of Ageing (15 credits) – Achieved Upper 2nd class
Open University (2007-2011)
I studied the following science short courses as I have always had an interest in the science of disease and medical treatment:
• Human Genetics and Health Issues.
• Molecules medicines and drugs.
• Empire of Microbes.
Harvard University online- Musculoskeletal Anatomy (EdX course) (2014)
At university I developed an interest in anatomy, especially musculoskeletal. This course was an excellent opportunity to further my knowledge of the area. I achieved a score of 94%.
Bishop Wordsworth’s school (2002-2009)
Studied 10 GCSE’S achieving 7 A* and A grades in Science, English, and History.
3 A levels- Biology (Grade A), Chemistry (Grade A) and English Literature (Grade A).
AS level- Mathematics (Grade B).
Shahab Shahid, Unofficial Guide to Surgery, Gimzewska M, Qureshi Z, 1st Ed. Zeshan Qureshi, ISBN: 978 (concealed information), Accepted for Publication 01/2015
• Hallux Valgus correction
• Arthroscopic Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
• Arthroscopic Meniscectomy
Introduction to Surgical Skills for Students- Illustrator for the whole textbook.
Practical Clinical Anatomy- Co-editor of the book. I contributed over the third of the book chapters of the book, which is to be published in Autumn 2016. One of my illustrations was used as the front cover.
• Shahid S, Saghir N, Cawley O, Saujani S. A Cadaveric Study of the Branching Pattern and Diameter of the Genicular Arteries: A Focus on the Middle Genicular Artery. J Knee Surg. 2015 Apr 18. PMID: (concealed information)
• Brunckhorst O1, Shahid S, Aydin A, McIlhenny C, Khan S, Raza SJ, Sahai A, Brewin J, Bello F, Kneebone R, Khan MS, Dasgupta P, Ahmed K. Simulation-based ureteroscopy skills training curriculum with integration of technical and non- technical skills: a randomised controlled trial. Surg Endosc. 2014 Dec 5.
• Brunckhorst O, Shahid S, Aydin A, Khan S, McIlhenny C, Brewin J, Sahai A, Bello F, Kneebone R, Shamim Khan M, Dasgupta P, Ahmed K. The Relationship Between Technical And Nontechnical Skills Within A Simulation-Based Ureteroscopy Training Environment. J Surg Educ. 2015 Sep-Oct;72(5):1039-44. doi: 10.1016/j.jsurg.2015.04.002. Epub 2015 May 14. PMID: (concealed information)
• Saghir N, Saghir R, Shahid S, Hachach-Haram N, Johal K, Sojitra N. A unilateral variation in the flexor digitorum superficialis with two distinct muscle bellies and associated tendons to the ring finger. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2016 Jun;69(6):869-70. doi: 10.1016/j.bjps.2016.03.018. Epub 2016 Mar 28.
• RES MEDICA, Journal of the Royal Medical Society- 2015, Volume 23, Issue 1. SPECIAL ARTICLE. Flipped Publishing: A New Paradigm for Medical Textbooks. Shahab Shahid, Mark Rodrigues, Simon Maxwell, Katrina Mason, Madelaine Gimzewska, Zeshan Qureshi
Kenhub- Written over 200 articles for Kenhub.com, and have also contributed to their video content and online quizzes. Some of my work can be sampled here:
Teachmeanatomy.com- Written an article on ‘The Cervical Plexus.’ (concealed information)
Geekymedics.com- Written four articles on the following topics: Plastic Surgery Basics, Cranial Nerves, Anatomy of the Hand, Brachial Plexus- A quick Summary.
Letters and Correspondence
Letter- Response to ‘We should harness the power of our colleagues’ fresh ideas
Letter- Response to ‘Modern approaches to teaching and learning Anatomy’
• 3rd Author- UROLOGY 84 (4 Supplement 1), October 2014- MP-23.05- Integrated Skills Development for Ureteroscopy: Development and Validation of a Curriculum- Brunckhorst O, Aydin A, Shahid S, Sahai A,Brewin J, Khan M, Dasgupta P, Ahmed K- MRC Centre for Transplantation, King’s College, London, UK and Dept. of Urology, Guy’s Hospital, London UK.
• 2nd Author- J Endourol. 2014 Sep;28 Suppl 1:P1-A316. doi: 10.1089/end.2014.3500. MP10-23 Do non-technical skills impact technical performance within a simulation-based ureteroscopy environment? Scientific Program of 32nd World Congress of Endourology & SWL Program Book.
• 2nd author- Clin Anat. 2015 Feb 19. doi: 10.1002/ca.22508. [Epub ahead of print]. Abstracts. [No authors listed]. PMID: (concealed information) [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
• 2nd Author- MP23-05 Is there a correlation between technical skills and non-technical skills performance within ureteroscopy? CONFERENCE PAPER, THE JOURNAL OF UROLOGY · MAY 2015. DOI: 10.1016/j.juro.2015.02.1248. Conference: American Association of Urology Annual Meeting 2015, At New Orleans, Volume: Journal of Urology, Vol. 193, No. 4S, Supplement
• 2nd Author- MP22-09 Development and validation of integrated skills curriculum within ureteroscopy – a randomised controlled trial. CONFERENCE PAPER. THE JOURNAL OF UROLOGY · MAY 2015. DOI: 10.1016/j.juro.2015.02.1021 Conference: American Association of Urology Annual Meeting 2015, At New Orleans, Volume: Journal of Urology, Vol. 193, No. 4S, Supplement
• 2nd author- Combining technical and non-technical skills training within a simulation-based ureteroscopy curriculum – a randomised controlled trial. CONFERENCE PAPER, EUROPEAN UROLOGY SUPPLEMENTS. 14(2):E489. MARCH 2015. DOI: 10.1016/S1569-9056(15)60482-1. Conference: 30th Annual Congress of the European Association of Urology (EAU), At Madrid, Volume: Eur Urol Suppl 2015;14/2;e489
• 2nd Author- Training and assessing technical and non-technical skills for ureteroscopy within a simulation-based curriculum – a randomised control trial. CONFERENCE PAPER. BRITISH JOURNAL OF SURGERY. JANUARY 2015. Conference: Society of Academic and Research Surgery (SARS) Annual Meeting 2015, At Durham, United Kingdom, Volume: BJS. 2015 May;102(S5):39
• 3rd Author- Integrated Skills Development for Ureteroscopy: Development and Validation of a Curriculum. CONFERENCE PAPER in UROLOGY 84(4 SUPPLEMENT 1):S137. OCTOBER 2014. DOI: 10.1016/S0090-4295(14)01017-6. Conference: 34th Congress of the Societe Internationale d'Urologie, At Glasgow, Scotland, Volume: Urology 2014;84/4 Supplement 1;S137
• 2nd Author- A simulation-based ureteroscopy curriculum - Integrating technical and non-technical skills. Conference paper, journal of endourology 28(s1):a252-3 · september 2014. Conference: 32nd World Congress of Endourology, At Taipei, Taiwan, Volume: J Endourol 28(1):A252-3
Bishop Wordsworth’s grammar school
• 6th Form Biology Prize- Achieved the 6th form Biology Award for one of the highest marks in the year.
• International Biology Olympiad- Achieved a Highly Commended award.
• Austin Underwood Prize for Community Service- I recorded the local newspaper on cassette tapes for local residents with blindness. It was a very fulfilling process to be a part of, and my contribution was selected and appraised as central to the success of the project.
St George’s University of London
• 1st year Anatomy Prize- Achieved the Top mark in the year group and the Prize for my first year anatomy exam performance with a mark of 94%.
• Merit in clinical sciences (for my performance in my first two years exams).
King’s College London
• Davies Prize- For the best team dissection on the Anatomy BSc. The project was on ‘the Blood Supply to the Cerebrum’ and focused on the internal carotid and vertebral arteries.
• Alfred Hughes Memorial Prize- Achieved the joint Highest Mark in the Advanced Anatomy Module.
• Received a Highly Commended award in the Zeshan Qureshi Excellence in Medical Education Prize.
• Surgical skills for students course- RCS June 2014.
• RSM- UPRAS Conference 2013- Workshops on Surgical Techniques, flap techniques, tendon repair, wound dressing and suturing skills.
• BSSP Course 2014- John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford- Surgical Skills. Flaps, sutures and cysts excision techniques. I helped organise the 2015 course.
• Full UK driving license, and have completed a pass plus extension test that is evidence of experience with dual carriageway and motorway driving.
• Competent in Microsoft office programs including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel as well as document sharing services including Dropbox and Onedrive.
• Experience in statistics and database work with Microsoft Excel at Guy’s Hospital London for the maintenance of a patient database and also the Royal London Hospital, King’s College Hospital and London Bridge Private Hospital as part of my BSc project.
• Experienced with Adobe Elements 12 Photoshop software and used the software a great deal throughout 2013 and 2014 for electronically highlighting cancerous lesions on histological slide pictures.
• Formally trained with the use of the EPR system which is in use in all major NHS Hospitals.
• I have experience in public speaking, writing in a scientific style and project presentation.
• I am fluent in Urdu.
• Assistant Burns Researcher at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital (November 2014- Present).
• Anatomy demonstrator at SGUL (September 2013- Present)- I demonstrate to first year and second year students on a weekly basis, using excellent communication skills and detailed esoteric anatomical knowledge. I was also one of a few select students permitted to teach in the neuroanatomical sessions (usually reserved for CT2 trainees only).
• Education Consultant, PhD Tutors (October 2014- Present)- I tutor students in the BMAT and UKCAT medicine entry exams, as well as physiology and anatomy.
• Anatomy Writer at Kenhub.com (November 2014- August 2016)- Have written numerous articles on the anatomy of the Human body. This involves writing in eloquent formal English and working to monthly deadlines.
• Paid Researcher in Urology at Guy’s Hospital London (June 2014-October 2014)- Completed a series of data based research tasks through July 2014 at Guy’s Hospital London.
• Touch Surgery- Advertising Intern for two weeks. I also helped develop the hand transplantation surgical training module.
• Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust (November 2010- August 2011)- Nursing assistant on the AMU (acute medical unit)- Provided care for a diverse range of patients. I also observed CPAP use, nebuliser use, a central line insertion, a chest drain, a pleural tap, a lumbar puncture and a range of other routine tests. I am also qualified in Cannulation and Basic life support.
• Homebase Salisbury, Checkout clerk (July 2011- November 2011)- Interacted with the public, and developed teamwork skills. Thoroughly enjoyed working with the team.
• St John’s ambulance, First Aider- Achieved a Total 1st aid award and completed first aid duties at horse racing events and charity runs.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|