My lessons will be built around the individual needs and requirements of the student, as well as their learning style, following an initial assessment. Each lesson will be structured with aims, objectives and learning outcomes to ensure that each topic is covered comprehensively.
For GCSE and A Level students, I can cover course and syllabus content in preparation for exams.
I try to make lessons as interactive and engaging as possible, with visual content to assist learning. I encourage students to ask as many questions as possible and assess their understanding of the course material, identifying any areas for further tutoring.
Most importantly, I have a passion for my subject and teach with enthusiasm.
I have a degree in Biology (1st Class honors) and a research-based PhD in Molecular Biology from Cardiff University.
Throughout my PhD I assisted undergraduate teaching in undergraduate in both taught and practical workshops for the University. I also provided individual tutoring for students and assistance with coursework, presentations and dissertations.
2011- 2015 Cardiff University, PhD Student (Molecular Biology)
As part of my PhD training I completed the following Masters of Research advanced courses:
- Research Techniques in Bioscience (75%)
- Data Handling and Statistics (79%)
- Key Skills in Research Practice (80%)
- July 2015: Prize for Best Oral Presentation - Translation UK Conference
- July 2015: Biochemical Society Travel Grant
- May 2015: Prize for Best PhD Student Talk - Southwest UK RNA Conference
- Dec 2012: Gillian Powell Memorial Travel Scholarship
- Oct 2011 - Dec 2015: BBSRC PhD studentship
2008-2011: Cardiff University, B.Sc. Biology (1st Class Honours)
- Genes & Development (70)
- Genome Expression & Organisation (67)
- Research Techniques (78)
- Comparative Cell Biology (72)
- Population Genetics (80)
- Insect Biology (77)
- Final Year Research Project (80)
- Genes & Development 2 (75)
- Biology in Society (76)
- Animal Parasitology (79)
- Genomics, Proteomics & Bioinformatics (76)
- Biology & Genetics of the Cell Cycle & Cell Death (78)
- Oct 2011 - Dec 2015: BBSRC PhD studentship.
- July 2011: Society of Biology Top Student Award (Cardiff University).
- July 2011: Centenary Prize - most deserving final year student studying
B.Sc. Biology (Cardiff University).
- June 2010: Nuffield Foundation Undergraduate Research Bursary
2006-2008: John Kyrle Sixth Form Centre, A Levels
- Biology (B)
- English Literature (A)
- Ethics & Philosophy (A)
- Psychology (A)
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|