The lesson revolves around student needs:
• Exam preparation – we focus on understanding the content, then selected seminar topics and finally exam past papers.
• Selected topic work – firm focus on one topic includes highlighting the essential workings and the applications of the course.
• Project support – often students don’t know where to start. I review your lecture material and discuss you thought processes and methodology.
All aspects at university, business school and professional qualification levels. Practical experience of modules from Imperial Business School, University of Nottingham,GLION Hospitality Management School, University of Bath's corporate finance modules and Nottingham Trent Business Schools. Particular experience in GLION Hospitality Management School and University of Bath's corporate finance modules.
One of our best tutors! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and response guaranteed. Dorothy will plan your first lesson with care.
I graduated in Chemical Engineering, became a qualified chartered accountant (ACA) and have over a decade of post qualification experience in accounting, audit and finance. I am now taking a career break to study a PhD in Chemical Engineering. It is something I have always wanted to do and indulges my love of numbers and numerical analysis.
My experience leaves me uniquely placed to tutor:
• Finance – Investment appraisal, NPV, IRR, ARR, payback, dividend valuation model, CAPM, WACC. Particular experience in Imperial College Business School and University of Bath's corporate finance modules.
• Financial and Management Accounting – all aspects at university, business school and professional qualification levels. Practical experience of accounting modules from Imperial Business School, University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent Business Schools.
• Mathematics – A-Level, business maths, engineering maths and university applied maths. Extensive experience of tutoring the Edexcel syllabus at A-Level to Year 13 students and engineering maths/ further maths to Imperial College, University of Surrey and Coventry University engineering students.
As an ICAEW accountant, I am able to provide support for particular topics or more rounded help for revision. I cover all the ICAEW certificate and professional stage topics and SBM and CR at the advanced stage.
I tutor both in-person and online. Should you wish to have a sample tutorial, please message me and I’ll supply a suitable link where I tutor Accounting (depreciation) and Maths (the binomial expansion).
No course is too difficult and no lecturer too incomprehensible. I am happy to teach anyone. Groups and mature students are especially welcome. Send me a message and we can discuss the specifics of your situation and take things from there.
I graduated in Chemical Engineering, became a qualified chartered accountant (ACA) and have over a decade of post qualification experience in accounting, audit and finance. I am now taking a career break to study a PhD in Chemical Engineering.
I have tutored for several years and have a range of experience including:
* First year chemical engineering maths students (1yr)
* A Level maths students (1yr)
* Finance and accounting students, mostly university and professional students (2yrs)
I have prepared students for A-Level, university and professional qualifications. I have tutored students from many universities including Regents University, University of Brighton, LSE, UCL, Imperial College Business School, CASS Business School, SOAS, University of Westminster and Reading University. No course is too difficult and no lecturer too incomprehensible.
I also have an Enhanced DBS (2016).
Perfect! Wealth of knowledge, can teach at any level and gives good strategies for how to handle and tackle exam questions.
Very capable student. Hope the exam went well.
Perfect! Dorothy was absolutely fab! Worked through all of the questions that I had selected and I felt so much more confident after just one session. And passed the exam a week later. Would definitely recommend!!
Very productive session. Lydia knew the questions that illustrated her problems and we worked through then efficiently.
Good luck in your exam!
Perfect! Really helpful session. Dorothy helped me build a cash flow for a business idea.
Great time with Stephanie looking at a discounted cashflow model for new business. Please keep in touch.
Dorothy is simply amazing. I just passed my accountancy exam (which I had failed 3 times in a row before) with flying colours and it was all because of her.
She takes the time to listen to you and understand where you feel like you are having problems and then she works along side you to find the best and most comfortable way to deal with those problems.
One thing that I really liked is that she has absolutely no problem with explaining a topic again and again and again, until you understand.
Dorothy responded quickly and efficiently to my initial enquiry. The session was well tailored to my needs and abilities; the pace was just right and and time taken to explain answers. I found Dorothy patient and conscientious and would recommend her.
Dorothy has filled many gaps in my knowledge, as well as making me feel a lot more confident and interested in the subject. Dorothy's teaching style is perfect for me. Any question I throw out at her she is able to respond back with a very easy and clear explanation, making studying a lot less daunting. She is extremely patient and if you don't understand a topic she will explain it over and over again. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying with her!
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, finance lessons for all!
Taking microeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|