I graduated in Chemical Engineering, became a qualified chartered accountant (ACA) and have over a decade of post qualification experience in accounting, audit and finance. I am now taking a career break to study a PhD in Chemical Engineering.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
My experience leaves me uniquely placed to tutor:
• Finance – Investment appraisal, NPV, IRR, ARR, payback, dividend valuation model, CAPM, WACC
• Financial and Management Accounting – all aspects at university, business school and professional qualification levels and
• Mathematics – A-Level, business maths, engineering maths and university applied maths.
I tutor both in-person and online. Should you wish to have a sample tutorial, please message me and I'll supply a suitable link where I tutor Accounting (depreciation) and Maths (the binomial expansion).
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Graduate Chemical Engineer
Qualified Accountant (ACA)
- How much do you charge?
My fee is flexible. Should you wish to have a sample tutorial, please message me and I'll supply a suitable link where I tutor Accounting (depreciation) and Maths (the binomial expansion).
- Where do you teach?
Online, face to face. At your home, office, student's union. The possibilities are endless.
- When are you available?
Fully flexible. I prefer not to work on Sundays, but can do so for emergencies.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I tutor from first year A-Level upwards. Mature students are welcome.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I have prepared students for A-Level, university and professional qualifications.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am flexible and have used Skype, online whiteboards and Google docs.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I am happy to teach anyone and mature students are especially welcome. Send me a message and we can discuss the specifics of your situation and take things from there.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have tutored for several years and have a range of experience including:
- First year chemical engineering maths students (1yr)
- A Level maths students (1yr)
- Finance and accounting students, mostly university students (2yrs)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I undertook by undergraduate Chemical Engineering degree (integrated masters) at Imperial College. I also completed a Masters in Statistics at the University of Chicago. I am working on my PhD at Imperial College.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
ICAEW - Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have tutored students from many universities including Regents University, University of Brighton, LSE, UCL, Imperial College Business School, CASS Business School, SOAS, University of Westminster and Reading University. No course is too difficult and no lecturer too incomprehensible.
• Obtained a First in Chemical Engineering
• Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA - member of ICAEW)
• Enhanced DBS (2016)
• Imperial College Graduate
Dorothy is simply amazing. I just passed my accountancy exam (which I had failed 3 times in a row before) with flying colours and it was all because of her.
She takes the time to listen to you and understand where you feel like you are having problems and then she works along side you to find the best and most comfortable way to deal with those problems.
One thing that I really liked is that she has absolutely no problem with explaining a topic again and again and again, until you understand.
Dorothy responded quickly and efficiently to my initial enquiry. The session was well tailored to my needs and abilities; the pace was just right and and time taken to explain answers. I found Dorothy patient and conscientious and would recommend her.
Dorothy has filled many gaps in my knowledge, as well as making me feel a lot more confident and interested in the subject. Dorothy's teaching style is perfect for me. Any question I throw out at her she is able to respond back with a very easy and clear explanation, making studying a lot less daunting. She is extremely patient and if you don't understand a topic she will explain it over and over again. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying with her!
bmat lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|