Aside my orchestral job at RSNO I enjoy teaching all ages and levels and have previous teaching experience. I have taught adult students who just wanted to have some fun and gain knowledge, and also students who wanted to prepare for exams.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Classical double bass
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BMus (hons) classical double bass, 1st class - 2011
MPerf classical double bass, 1st class - 2013
- How much do you charge?
£35 an hour
£22 half an hour
- Where do you teach?
I am based in Glasgow, city centre . I usually teach at my house.
- When are you available?
Lessons are scheduled by mutual availability between student (and their parents) and myself.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
all ages and grades
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM & Trinity Guildhall board exams, auditions (ie. youth orchestras) and any examination the student wants to put him/herself through
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Skype lessons are more efficient if the student has a good internet connection
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have a solid orchestral background holding the job of associate principal double bass at the RSNO and having played and trained in European Union Youth Orchestra, Gustav Mahler Jugendorchester, LSO, ENO and BBC SO student schemes. I currently freelance with Scottish Chamber Orchestra, London Philharmonic, Philharmonia and Royal Philharmonic Orchestras
I am also a very active chamber musician having covered most of chamber repertoire for the bass and played at the royal festival hall, among other places. I have also been selected as an RCM rising star 2013 to take part in chamber series at Cadogan Hall.
I enjoy playing solos just as much and give regular recitals in England and Portugal, my home country.
I have been teaching the double bass privately since 2007.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
PVG check up-to-date
- Where and with whom did you train?
Tom Martin - Guildhall School of Music & Drama AND Royal College of Music (London)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Royal Scottish National Orchestra
• BMus (Hons) - Classical Double Bass
• MPerf - Classical Double Bass
• PVG check up to date
• Musicians Union
double bass lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|