I am a passionate, professional drum teacher. I have a friendly and encouraging temperament with a drive to help students gain and improve skill and accomplish their goals.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach drums. Ultimately I want to help my students to become well rounded players whilst optimizing their enjoyment and fun whilst learning. I can teach a wide range of genres.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a BA Hons in Professional Musicianship.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £20 for an hour lesson, £10 for half an hour. Reduced price for first lesson of £15 for an hour.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from home in Corsham, Wiltshire. It is near Chippenham, Melksham, Trowbridge, Bath.
- When are you available?
Due to festivals and shows at weekends, it suits me best to teach on weekdays. When there aren't shows I am happy to teach at weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I can teach ages seven up and happy to teach beginner to advanced.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I believe that it is most important for me to differentiate to students learning styles. I want help students form a passion for drumming which will give them drive to learn and improve. I aim for my lessons to be fun and relaxed. Although I try to make my students well rounded players, I also want to teach them what they are most interested in too.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have given private drum tuition for five years. I have:
- Coached school students for live performances
- Taught a wide range of ability and ages ( 5 to 60)
- Experience with teaching students with ADHD and Autism
- Able to provide in depth knowledge of live performance and techniques for dealing with nerves
- Also can provide in depth knowledge of the music industry.
- Can provide knowledge on recording and studio etiquette
- Endorsed by Code Drum Heads
- Drummer for solo artist, Keir
- Supported artists such as, Craig David, Leon Bridges, The Drums, Louis Berry, Dan Croll.
- Multiple plays on Radio 1, Radio 2, Radio X, BBC Introducing
- Multiple plays on on Hollyoaks, The Only Way Is Essex, Made In Chelsea, BT Sport and BBC Points West as well as Glastonbury festival live coverage and highlights.
- Recorded live session at Maida Vale for BBC
- Glastonbury BBC Introducing stage
- Current project featured on multiple Spotify playlists with all tracks over 100,000 plays on Spotify
- Recorded at Real World Studios in Box, Rockfield in Wales and Maida Vale in London
- Young Musician of the Year, Corsham
- UK headline tours with Keir.
- Played numerous festivals: Glastonbury, Eurosonic Noorderslag, Secret Garden Party, Boardmasters, The Great Escape, Bushstock, Dot to Dot (Manchester, Nottingham and Bristol), Mirrors Festival, Simple Things Festival, Truck Festival, Y Not Festival, Bristol The Downes festival, Barn on the Farm, Tramlines, Camp Bestival, Leopallooza, 110 Above, On Blackheath.
- Also conducted session work
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a DBS certificate from my previous work and am applying for a new certificate for my private drum tutition.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I have studied since I was eight years old. I have been taught by James Hester, Jason Bould, Mark Whitlam, Robert Brian, Russel Tarley and Tom Wheeler.
drum lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|