I'm a Durham University student graduating this June looking to tutor GSCE students over the summer in Maths and Science subjects.
I have a friendly teaching style aiming to improve the student's maths and science knowledge in an engaging way. I'm willing to listen to the problems individual student's may have and focus on them to help them improve.
I'm relatively new to tutoring but have a lot of experience working at a primary school and assisting with lessons and exam preparation.
I've helped students specifically with Computer Science related issues over the past year, explaining difficult concepts and helping them to improve.
I am a versatile and enthusiastic student on track to finish my Computer Science degree at Durham University with a 2:1 in June. I’m willing to fill a variety of roles and am well organised, confident and very social.
Education and Qualifications
2014-2017 Computer Science (Bsc) at Durham University
2008-2013 The King’s School Canterbury
4 A-Levels Chemistry (A)
English Literature (A)
10 iGCSEs Grades 7 A*s, 1 A, 2 Bs
2015-2016 Software design for Mammal Web
• Worked as team to produce a piece of software that would allow users to classify the animals they see in pictures from hundreds of camera traps in the North-East of England
• Final classifications were made with a voting system that ranked the reliability of user classifications
• The website and application were carefully designed with user and company security in mind
• Interacted with a representative for the client
• Produced suitable documents for the software and the contact
2015-2016 Production of a website for St Oswald’s Church
• Worked as a team to produce a new website for a church in Durham
• Interacted with members of the church to establish tailored specifications
• Gave a highly detailed presentation and document of the website, aimed at explaining the functionality to the client who had very little IT skills
2013-2014 Sales Associate and Barista at Hotel Chocolate – Covent Garden
• Dealt with a high volume of costumers around the Christmas period
• Worked in a team of 4-8 people per shift to ensure the shop ran efficiently and effectively
• Learnt to prepare a variety of food and drinks
• Engaged with costumers to sell seasonal products
2013 Intern at Wild Search recruitment firm
• Updated the companies CRM after researching a variety of options
• Took minutes at meetings
• Handled calls and e-mails from clients and candidates
• Researched clients and candidates
• Managed the company’s contact database
• Managed company accounts and taxes
2013 Pathology Lab at Medway Hospital
2012 Worked for a variety of stalls in the CLA Game Fair
2012 Reported for the Kent Messenger’s Ashford Branch
2012 Shadowed a Domestic Lawyer
2012 Teacher’s Assistant
• Practiced with a wide range of programming languages including Python, Java and C++
• Confident with a range of IT packages and website creation/management software
• Confident with databases such as working with SQL
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£14||£13|