- Native Dutch speaker, a PhD student in English Linguistics from January 2018 with a BA degree and a MA degree in English Linguistics;
- Knowledge of linguistic models applicable to all languages;
- Learning experience of 6 non-native languages (English, Spanish, French, German, Ancient Latin, Ancient Greek), and knowledge of the language acquisition process from an academic point of view;
- Interest in learners of all levels with all native language backgrounds, with materials adapted to the learners' level;
- Interest in learners from West-Yorkshire, max. 10 miles from Huddersfield;
- Lessons in the target language only (i.e. Dutch for learners of Dutch);
- Lessons involve oral and written expression and comprehension, more formal or more informal exercises depending on the needs and desires of the learner, as established during the first lesson(s).
- Tutoring experience in informal settings only;
- Teaching/immersive language exposure experience at a Spanish school;
- Pass in Cambridge Proficiency ESOL exam;
- BA degree and MA degree in English Linguistics, currently a PhD student in English Linguistics;
- Interpersonal, empatethic skills for tutoring of language learners from various backgrounds through voluntary work in a Spanish school, in prison, and with international students;
- Empathetic, hard-working, caring personality with passion for languages.
- Secondary school in the Netherlands, with passes in Dutch, English, Spanish, French, German, Ancient Greek and Ancient Latin (2007-2013).
- Liberal Arts and Sciences BA degree at University College Roosevelt, The Netherlands. Majors in Linguistics, Literature, Art History and Spanish. Distinction: Magna Cum Laude (2013-2016).
- MA Degree in English Language and Applied Linguistics at the University of Huddersfield. Graduated with Distinction, and awarded the Chancellor's Prize for the School of Music, Humanities and Media (2016-2017).
- Research Assistant at University of Huddersfield (2018-2019)
- Research Assistant at Utrecht University, The Netherlands (2016-2017)
- Administrative Assistant at OAZ Subsidieadvies, Goes, The Netherlands (summer 2016)
- Voluntary at Colegio Alfa y Omega, Dénia, Spain, for three summers, including English immersion summer camps (summers 2013, 2014, 2015).
- Voluntary work in prison (2013-2016)
- Voluntary work with international students, team leader (2017-current)
dutch lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£15|