My teaching method is interactive and supportive, using my experience to give practical, real life examples. I am able to give support with teacher training, early years qualifications or Education Studies at degree level.
I have been a teacher in the Early Years for 13 years, both in Nursery and within a Primary School setting. I have supported teacher training students on practice and mentored newly qualified teachers too. I can give support with assignments as well as practical guidance.
(concealed information) (concealed information)1 Trowbridge
Experienced Teacher and Early Years Leader
Education | Child Development | Early Years | Family support
Experienced and driven Teacher and Early Years specialist with transferable skills. Instrumental in improving standards with expertise in communicating at all levels, confident to adapt to audience. Successful in building a rapport with families, to ensure the welfare of children and enable outstanding educational progress. Driving improvements by working as part of a team and developing others to enable them to reach their full potential. Able to rise to a challenge quickly applying newly acquired skills for maximum impact.
Early Years Foundation Stage Leader
Paget Primary School – Birmingham September 2011 to August 2019
I worked as a Reception Class Teacher in an inner city Birmingham School with the following additional responsibilities:
• Lead teacher in English as an addition language - Whole school staff were supported in planning, delivering and assessing children for whom English is not their first language.
• Lead teacher in modern foreign languages - Whole school staff were supported in planning, delivering and assessing French and Spanish lessons.
• MIDAS trained mini bus driver - planning and risk assessing extra-curricular visits off site and transporting children.
• Early Years Foundation Stage Leader - responsible for managing the Early Years department, including managing staff, appraisals, budget and all induction procedures into the school. Co-ordinating events to engage parents and increase school involvement. Work closely with outside agencies (Social Services, Educational Psychologists, Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists,
MASH to support children with additional needs and those vulnerable or at risk.
• School based Associate Tutor - Head of managing Birmingham University teaching students on their teaching practices in school. Working closely with university staff and carrying out assessments and appraisals of students.
• Lead of Erdington School Consortium Early Years group - Arranging and co-coordinating development meetings with early years leaders within the locality. Creating improvement plans and developing ways in which schools could share expertise to raise standards. Mentoring newly qualified teachers or those who need additional support to work at their full potential
• Member of curriculum development team - Working in team to develop a school curriculum which meets the needs of the children, delivering extra-curricular experiences to enhance the Primary School career.
Long term supply teacher
Colmers Farm Infant School – Birmingham May 2011 to August 2011
I worked as a long term supply teacher covering maternity leave in a Reception Class. I was responsible for developing and maintaining the outdoor learning environment.
Supply Class Teacher
ABC Teachers – Birmingham February 2011 to May 2011
I worked as a primary supply teacher, delivering lessons to children aged 3-11. I used this as an opportunity to get to know the schools in Birmingham as I had relocated there.
Thomas Churnside School - Melbourne VIC April 2010 to December 2010
I worked as a Class Teacher working with Prep children (aged 4-5). I was responsible for developing the early years curriculum into a cross curricular played based provision using my experience in the British education system. This involved working closely with staff and parents to understand the pedagogy of learning and the positive effects of adapting the learning environment and content.
Parson Street Primary School – Bristol September 2009 to August 2010
I worked as a Class Teacher with Nursery children. I was responsible for Community Cohesion across the school, working closely with the local community, parents and staff to build beneficial relationships.
Chester Park Infant School – Bristol January 2007 to August 2009
I worked as a Primary Class teacher with mixed Reception and Year One children. I was the lead teacher for ICT in the school, responsible for overall monitoring, and budget of this subject.
Supply Teacher/Cover Supervisor
ABC Teachers – Bristol September 2006 to January 2007
I worked as a Primary supply teacher, delivering lessons to children aged 3-11.
Holiday Club Manager
Bristol Bears – Bristol July 2002 to May 2006
I managed the planning and running of a school holiday out of school club connected to the Nursery chain Mama Bears during my time studying at university. I communicated with parents, handled cash, planned and carried out activities and managed staff.
Waitress - Part Time
Eat Cafe – Bristol September 2001 to August 2002
I worked as a waitress and then became supervisor on a Saturday and before my twilight A level classes. I was responsible for customer service, handling cash and managing a small team of three staff.
Retail Assistant (Part-Time)
Robert Dyas – Bristol August 2000 to September 2001
I worked as a sales assistant on a Saturday and Sunday, responsible for customer service.
NPQML in Middle Management
Birmingham Council – Birmingham October 2015 to October 2016
Bachelor's in Education/Early childhood Studies
University of Plymouth (Rolle College) – Exmouth September 2002 to July 2006
A-Level or equivalent in Psychology, History, ICT, Philosophy, General Studies
City of Bristol College – Bristol September 2000 to July 2002
GCSE or equivalent in English Literature, English Language, Maths, Science double award, History, PE, RE, Drama, German
Hartcliffe Secondary School – Bristol
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest school support lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, methodology lessons for all!
Taking school coaching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|