My teaching method varies depending on the age and the goal of the lessons.
I can be friendly to young kids, making them more interested in the fun side of Maths.
For students with academic goals, I can provide and mark exam-style questions and help them through topic they need help with, for them to get the highest grade possible. Please feel free to ask for more plans in detail!
I am an economic student at Loughborough University. I am currently on a gap year pursuing my own business. I have previously tutored kids up to GCSE maths. I will be able to help with exams and school work for 5-16-year-olds.
The rates may vary with the service I provide. I can offer a base service of £12/hour to all students. However, for students with more exam focus. The rate will be at £15/hour, which will include providing exam style questions and marking the answers for the student.
10/2017- UNTILL PRESENT
LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY, BSC ECONOMICS
Modules first year (60%)
• Macroeconomics (66%) Microeconomics (68%)
• Quantitative economics (56%) Data Analysis (67%)
• Data Analysis two (64%) Skills for study and employment (57%)
• Management of human resources (53%) Introduction to accounting (61%)
• Organizational behavior (60%)
Modules second year
• Economics of the Financial System Intermediate Macroeconomics
• Intermediate Microeconomics Spanish
• Introduction to Financial Economics Introduction to Econometrics
SIR THOMAS RICH’S SIXTH FORM, A-LEVELS
Economics -(A) Mathematics- (A) Chinese-(B)
KINGS SCHOOL GLOUCESTER, GCSE
3A* 4A (including English) 3B
FOUNDER, ESK8SUPPLY LTD
• Founded an online store that provides DIY parts for electric skateboarders to build their own board
• Handling every aspect of the business, such as marketing, finance, customer and supplier relations.
IDEA PROGRAMME, LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY
• 6-week programme with funded by the engineering school and the business school to create and implement innovative business ideas in a team of 4 students
• We were given mentors who specialises in different areas and learned and implemented from their teaching.
SHOP ASISTANT, LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY STUDENTS’ UNION CO-OP, LOUGHBOROUGH
• Like my previous role in Neo Oriental, it required time management skills to manage stock in a high demand shop in the student union
SECURITY SIA DOOR SUPERVISOR, LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY STUDENTS’ UNION, LOUGHBOROUGH
• Patrolling around the crowded Students’ Union requires high awareness of the surroundings, skills to handle unexpected and challenging situations with urgency.
• Working security shifts requires the ability to follow instructions and be disciplined
• Leadership, giving instructions and orders for stewards to complete task efficiently
ACTIVITY LEADER, EMBASSY SUMMER CAMP, OXFORD
• Leading groups of young adults ranging from 12-18 years old, on pre-planned activities or on activities we created. This gave me skills such as listening and adapting to what people want and crowd management.
• Working with teenagers requires skills such as patience and discipline, as well as understanding and adapting to the situations which may arise.
08/15 – 07/19
TUTORING, ENGLISH, MATHEMATICS, CHINESE
• Tutoring Children online and face to face, providing professional services to help them with their Examination
• Offering friendly tutoring services to younger children with a passion in a particular subject
08/15 – 01/18
SHOP ASSISTANT, NEO ORIENTAL WHOLESALE LTD, GLOUCESTER
• Handling large amount of money for the end of day till count, showing that I am trustworthy and accurate
• Merchandising new stock and arranging product displays to promote special offers gave me an understanding of what motivates customers to buy a product and demonstrated my marketing knowledge.
• Communicating with customers in different languages, (Chinese and English), solving complaints or questions. I demonstrated strong communicative skills and problem-solving skills which improved my confidence
UK intermediate Mathematical Challenge 2015 – sliver award
ICAEW's National Business and Accounting competition 2017- regional winner and finalist
• Necessary in-depth knowledge of the workings of the business accounts
• Being able to present ideas to large groups of people under pressure
Young Enterprise National Competition 2017
• Having a decisive role in the financial department of the business
• Requires calculative and Microsoft Excel skills to keep the business running smoothly financially
National Citizen Service (NCS) 2016
• As a team, we raised funds for the charity Echo Hereford which need organizational and team coordination skills
British Exploring Society Expedition with Catch 22 funded expedition to Iceland 2016
• Took part in a 3-week expedition funded by Catch 22
• Having to lead for certain days of the expedition, it helped my team leading skills and mental toughness in extreme situations.
• Loughborough Investment society member, meetings with fellow investors exchanging information and strategies helped me understand more about the financial market.
• Loughborough athletic union badminton club member, helps me keep active, physically fit and be competitive
• Camping and expeditions (took part in the British exploring society’s Iceland expedition in summer 2016).
• Travelling (self-planned backpacking trip around Europe for 4 weeks in summer 2017). The trip taught me to be organised and made me realise unexpected situations do happen and I learnt to be flexible. Also, the trip taught me to escape my comfort zone, being able to interact with strangers even with language barriers etc.
• IT skills: fluent in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Publisher
• Language skills: Native in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
• Social media skills: proficiency in Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
• Financial skills: profit loss calculation, excel spreadsheet
• Customer relation: handling suppliers and customers professionally and respectfully
• Logistic: handling orders with the logistic company in China
Available on request
Nathan is an outgoing and approachable teacher, he is very helpful and good at explaining things that you are stuck. He definitely helped me improve my grades. He provides good exam techniques to get the best marks.
I know Nathan from uni, and his approachable and reliable demeanour were what convinced me to trust him as my tutor.
I am completely hopeless when it comes to maths, but Nathan made it easy to understand and had the patience necessary to teach me what I needed to pass my exams. He's an excellent tutor, but above all, he's friendly, understanding, yet rigurous when it need be. I cannot recommend him enough and it would benefit so many people if they knew about his wonderful services!
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking sixth term examination paper lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||Not available||£12|
|5 hours||£57||Not available||£60|
|10 hours||£110||Not available||£120|