- I aim to teach close to the syllabus in order to maximise exam performance of my students
- Diagram and example-based learning, proven to be more memorable than reading endless paragraphs in textbooks
- Lots of practice questions in order to master exam technique, such as multiple questions and exam essays.
I am an Economics and Business student at the University of Bath with:
- 2 years of tutoring under my belt already.
- Speciality in teaching A level Economics
- Currently at one of the Leading Business Schools in the World.
- Syllabus focused teaching with the aim of exam performance
- No nonsense, just the essentials to get an A.
WILLIAM TAYLOR (CV)
Education and Academic Awards
University of Bath, BSc (Hons) Business Administration, September 2016 – July 2020.
Four-year thin sandwich course with two mandatory six month placements.
Year 1 modules - Accounting for Managers, Business Economics, People and Organisations, Quantitative Methods, Corporate Finance and Investment Appraisal, Introduction to Business Law, Business and Society.
Abingdon School, Oxfordshire, September 2011 – July 2016
A-Levels: Economics (A), Biology (A), Geography (A)
GCSEs: 10 graded A* - B including Mathematics and English
Ordoo, Shoreditch, London – Partnership Manager – July - December 2017 (6 months)
• Responsible for maintaining relationships with large partner chains, such as YO! Sushi
• Managed the accounts for all restaurants and cafes on the Ordoo platform
• Working with the sales team at multiple trade shows at the ExCel centre in London
• Tasked with overseeing the running of new social media marketing campaigns
eBay, Richmond, London – eBay for charity team – June 2015
Two weeks at the eBay headquarters. Insights gained:
• Experience of working in an office environment
• Attending conferences which required prior preparation and research
• Developed my presenting skills when asked to display my prepared research in meetings
British Heart Foundation, Greater London House, Mornington Crescent – June 2015
Two weeks shadowing a wide range of roles at the British Heart Foundation Headquarters. Insights gained:
• Gained experience in many different roles within a corporate environment, including digital and HR
• Gained skills in teamwork and when working alongside the media and marketing teams
Meat Snacks Group, Tilers Road, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes – July 2016
One week working for the biggest beef jerky and biltong producing company in the UK. Insights gained:
• Experience in creating leads with potential buyers and generating sales
• Tasked with producing sales analytics, developing data analysis skills using excel
• Experience gained in communicating with clients whilst also developing my negotiating skills
Oxford Sailing Club, Farmoor Reservoir - Sailing Instructor - July-August 2015
Full time role teaching children and adults to sail over 4 week-long courses. Responsibilities included:
• Planning every day with the aim of making the course enjoyable and engaging
• Ensuring the safety of everyone on the course always whilst operating expensive equipment
• Assist with the weekly ‘Sailability’ session which enables disabled people to sail
Cancer Research Retail Shop, Abingdon, 6 months (September 2015 – February 2016)
• Volunteered weekly at the shop as part of my Gold Duke of Edinburgh award
• Given responsibility for restocking, updating window displays, pricing, till operation, as well as organising donated stock.
• Experience of working in retail
• Interacting with the public
• Working independently without need for instruction
• Developed judgement and decision making
Operation Wallacea, Honduras, 2 weeks (July 2015)
• Assisting scientists in their ongoing research into the effects of climate change on the cloud forests and coral reefs of Honduras, gaining further teamwork skills and ability to work in adverse conditions
• Developed my Spanish speaking skills from working in teams of people who did not speak English
Duke of Edinburgh
• Bronze award – achieved 2013
• Currently working towards Gold award, having completed the volunteering and expedition segments
Music Achievements (ABRSM)
• Grade 5 Guitar, Grade 5 Singing, Grade 7 Oboe
• First oboe in the First Orchestra at my secondary school, performing a solo from Bolero at the Sheldonian in Oxford. This developed my performance confidence, benefiting my transferable presenting skills
• Sang in a choir at the famous St Mark’s Basilica in Venice as part of a music tour
• Driving Licence
• First Aid Qualified
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint literate - continuing Excel training as part of my degree
• Qualified RYA sailing instructor and have competed in sailing races in England and Greece
• I have played hockey for my school and Oxford Hawks, helping to develop my teamwork skills.
• Keen tennis player at University, with sailing and tennis training improving my individual discipline and performance under pressure
• Travelled around Vietnam by myself over 2 months in 2017 to broaden my horizons and develop my independence. Forced to stay alert and highly organised, whilst experiencing amazing new cultures.
References available on request
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, management lessons for all!
Taking microeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|