I give maths and economics lessons to anyone doing school-level study, and tutor first-year economics undergraduates too. I encourage interaction as much as possible but understand that some people might need more time or adjustment, and a big part of my approach is helping people figure out their learning style - being an effective learner takes time and effort.
A typical lesson structure with me would be:
- A recap of the previous session / any follow-up questions / raise anything we need to talk about today
- Teaching today's content
- Working through some exercises together
- You try some exercises by yourself
- We go through the solutions
- End by discussing plans for next session / what you can do in the meantime
Having spent several years in hospitality management I've trained a huge range of people on everything from general food service, to the history of American whiskey. Now I'm doing an economics degree which I absolutely love, and tutoring small groups online. My hospitality experience has been great preparation for this, as I have the patience and adaptability to teach in a way that suits the individual, rather than sticking to rigid methods even if they're not effective.
• Sept 2019 – present: BSc Economics with Econometrics at Goldsmith’s, University of London
o Finished first year in top 5% of cohort
• Aug 2020: Online Certificate in Evaluating Social Programs with MITx
• Nov 2018: Online Short Course in Globalisation with Oxford Department for Continuing Education
• July 2018: Online Short Course in Public Policy Economics with Oxford Department for Continuing Education
• July 2016: Undergraduate Certificate in Biomedical Sciences at St George’s, University of London
• July 2015: A-Levels in Chemistry, Biology, Music, and Mathematics
Skills & Achievements
• Finished first year of Economics degree with results in the top 5% of the cohort
• Personal Alcohol License Holder
• April 2020 – present: Bartender at Off Broadway, London Fields (part-time)
• Feb – Aug 2020: Tutor at Firetech – Teaching coding for children online
• May 2019 – April 2020: Bartender at Every Cloud Bar, Hackney Central (part-time)
• May 2019 – Oct 2019: Production Coordinator, Oxjam Festival Hackney
• Oct 2017 – July 2019: Duty Manager at The Lexington, Islington
• May 2016 – Oct 2017: Bartender to General Manager at Graveney and Meadow, Tooting Broadway
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£9||£9|