My teaching method is simple and friendly. The core principal that surrounds my teaching is understanding each issue and piece of information before moving on. Depending on the student and what exams he/she has, I will most definitely be helping them work towards any exams in relation to their syllabus. Understanding content is crucial before exam practise.
I am an economics graduate that has a passion for mathematics. During university and post university I was teaching mathematics to all types of students. I have a good amount of experience and believe in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere to help promote learning. My name is Yessa Ebrahim and I am 25 years old.
BA (Hons) Economics (2012 – November 2016)
University of Coventry,
- Grade 2:2.
- Modules Studied: ‘Quantitative Economics’, ‘Applied Econometrics’, ‘Development Economics’.
- Strong grasp of Quantitative and Qualitative methods, as well as statistical software such as; SPSS.
Caterham Sixth Form (2009 – 2012)
A- Levels: Mathematics (C), Business Studies (C), General Studies (E).
Ilford County High Grammar School (2004-2009)
GCSEs: 9 GCSEs. 7 are A – C, Including Maths B, English Language B and Science B B.
Mathematics Tutor, Self-employed (January 2017 – Current 2018)
- I am teaching mathematics up to GCSE level privately.
- I have a profile on Tutor4u, where I received students who required tuition for mathematics.
- Continual experience of teaching, allowed me to hone my communication, mathematics and teaching techniques.
- I also received students that required help, from my sister in law who is currently, a head teacher.
Mathematics support teacher, Mathematics Support Centre, Lanchester library, Coventry University (2016- July 2016)
- My main responsibility was to aid students from first year to post graduate level.
- Sometimes students came with strenuous problems, which required me to seek help from my advisor. I thrived on these challenges and always made effort to understand each problem. This led to me greatly enhancing my mathematics skills, as well as; my communication skills, time – organisation and team working skills.
- I had to communicate with students from different countries/culture, which made it more challenging to discuss issues.
Revenue assistant, Capital River Functions, London (2014 – 2015)
- I was responsible for allocating different boat operators, to use the trade mooring space efficiently. Trade mooring space is parking space on the River Thames, and is arguably where most of the revenue was generated.
- For example; when a boat operator had left the mooring space, I had to ensure there was another boat company, ready to come into the mooring space that had just been made free. This was essential in helping the firm boost its revenues.
- Developed advanced organisational and time-prioritisation skills.
- I reviewed the fixed costs of the business to identify and reduce wastage where it was possible. For example; I examined each employee independently to identify any duplication of responsibilities to help increase productivity.
Affiliate, Chartered Management Institute (2014)
- As part of my undergraduate degree, I was required to take an additional module each year, which was compulsory. There was a large diverse set of different modules, which varied from; Pilot lessons to Beginner mandarin lessons. I decided to choose ‘Introduction to Leadership’ in my first year and to continue studying the additional modules in the following years to complete the course. Upon completion of the course, I received a certificate in first line management. In my second year, I had to construct a report including an action plan for a first line manager who is having performance issues with his employees.
- Lastly, the final module I studied was ‘Leading and Inspiring people’.
IT AND LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- I have a good grasp of the software PC Give and SPSS.
- Being part of the economics society, I took the responsibility of organising the economics social events in my second year. This included setting up social gatherings where lecturers and students can both attend.
- I was part of the football society and play regularly outside of university.
- I play for Theydon Bois Cricket Club.
- I have my own vehicle and a full valid UK driving license
Self-employed writer, Exonews (June 2017 – August 2017)
- Exonews is a publishing company, that posts articles on their official webpage. The article is posted after a moderator has examined the work.
- I have written a few articles, primarily on political, socio-cultural, and environmental issues.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||£10||Not available|