My teaching approach is highly interactive and engaging by revolving around the student, with each lesson being targeted to the student’s needs. Each lesson will typically be organised in a conversation-style format, whereby students are encouraged to ask any questions to fill any gaps in their understanding.
I am a Bsc Economics student at LSE, with a particular interest in giving back to the world by sharing what I have learnt over the last few years.
Address: 52 Grasmere Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD2 4HX
Telephone: +(concealed information)10
Email: (concealed information)
• Bsc Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2018-present)
- Modules: EC102, MA100, PH104, ST102, EC202, EC210, EC221, PH311
- Expected: first
• A-level and GSCE, Greenhead College (2016-2018), Holy Family Catholic School (2011-2016)
- A-level: A*A*A*A (in Mathematics, Economics, History, and Further Mathematics respectively)
- GCSE: 10 GCSE grades (including A* in Mathematics, A* in English Language, and A* in English Literature)
• Campaign Manager, London Labour Party (August 2019 – October 2019)
- Coordinated the social-media campaign for Cllr Anne Clarke in the Labour candidate election for the London Assembly elections, in the Barnet & Camden constituency.
- Conducted surveys to gauge the likely popularity of campaign messages and themes.
• Nightclub Promoter, Voodoo Events, Leeds (July 2019 – September 2019)
- Promoting nightclub events to Leeds students; both in person through leafleting, and on social media.
- Selling tickets to nightclub events outside the club, and on the app Fatsoma.
• iOS App Developer, Bradford, West Yorkshire (May 2018 – September 2018)
- Aided in the development of an app aimed to revitalise economic activity within Bradford city centre, using the language Swift. Inspired by PokemonGo, the idea was for users to unlock treasure boxes in augmented reality, in order to incentivise consumers to shop within the local community.
• Vice-Chair, City of Bradford Liberal Democrats (January 2017 – May 2017)
- Chaired and organised meetings amongst local councillors and party members.
- Analysed data from residents regarding local issues on a ward-level basis, and partook in consultations with local residents.
- Contributed to a range of policy debates within the Liberal Democrats.
• Ambassador, MyMUP, Shipley, West Yorkshire (2015-2018)
- Social enterprise developing an online platform to aid patients directly with taking care of their mental health through self-care. I was involved in the launch of this venture.
- Promoted the enterprise to local authorities, schools and health-professionals.
- Developed an online profile to showcase how these services function.
Extracurricular Activities and Volunteering
• Vice-President, LSE SU European Society (March 2019 – September 2019)
- As part of a team I launched the new LSE SU European Society to facilitate discourse on the internal politics and economic affairs of the European Union (including panel discussions, debates, and social events).
- Launched a news and opinion website sharing the same goals of the society entitled Europinion.
• BAME Officer, LSE SU Labour (October 2018 – January 2019)
- Engaged, consulted and represented the views of BAME members within the society on the executive committee.
• Team Leader, Real-World Economics (2017-2018)
- Led a student-run project that aimed to educate members of the wider public on relevant economic issues, and to inspire high-school students to pursue economics within further studies.
- Organised a seminar discussing the economic and political implications of globalisation for members of the wider public.
- Taught high-school students basic economic concepts in the context of the entertainment industry and the social media economy.
• Debating (2015 – present)
- Judged a number of debate competitions at the LSE Open event of debate competitions for speakers from universities across the globe. (9th-10th February 2019)
- Current member of the LSE SU Debate Society
• Panellist, BCB Radio (2015-2018)
- Involved in a weekly panel on live air discussing current-affairs, political and economic issues.
• Equality and Diversity Officer, Greenhead College (2017-2018)
- Elected to this role on the student council to represent and consult with students in order to promote equality amongst students from all backgrounds.
- Organised events including a food festival and a dance competition, and led a successful campaign to make all toilets gender-neutral in line with recommendations from students with non-binary gender.
• Publications and opinion pieces:
- Reflections on the Euro upon its 20th Anniversary: (concealed information) (Europinion. March 2019)
- Could $15 an hour become a reality: (concealed information) (Backbench, July 2017)
- The upcoming debt crisis: (concealed information) (Greenhead Economics Blog, December 2016)
• Medium blog: (concealed information) (2018 – present)
• Foreign languages: Spanish (limited working proficiency – CEFR Level A2)
• Programming languages: Python, R, Stata, Swift
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking logic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|