I'm looking to teach primary or secondary school students of any age and ability. I try to let students work through as much of problems set by themselves as possible, only interjecting when stuck to give hints and prompts. Problems set will get increasingly harder to push students to and past their limits.
I am a student at LSE, studying economics, and have over 150 hours experience of one on one tutoring, with recommendations, and also mentored GCSE maths students. Additionally, I have a strong grasp of course content having recently finished A levels so am well placed to offer assistance.
Matthew Fergusson 19 Greening Drive, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2XA Mobile (concealed information)2 (concealed information)
London School of Economics and Political Science, BSc. Economics 09/2018-Present
King Edward VI Five Ways School, A Levels, GCSE’s 09/2011-06/2018
• Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Economics, (3A*, A).
• 11 GCSE’s (10A*,1A), awarded King Edward Foundation Scholarship for academic performance.
Private Tutor 03/2017-09/2018
• Worked as a private tutor for 18 months teaching chess on a one-to-one basis, gaining over 150 hours of experience. Required clear communication skills, interacting with both pupils and parents, and an ability to build and maintain relationships with clients to ensure continued business. Creative thinking and initiative used in earning over £2000 from an uncommon skill.
• Worked in hospitality at Sixways, Worcester Warriors. Developed invaluable customer service skills working in a highly pressurised environment, delivering a high-quality service.
Bar Work 05/2019-present
• Worked behind the bar at the Three Tuns Bar, LSE Students Union, serving customers in a fast paced environment.
First team rugby King Edward VI Five Ways School 2015-2018
• Demonstrating both a strong work ethic, and an ability to thrive in a team environment. Leadership skills and resilient nature developed from engaging with predominantly older and more experienced players.
• Proactively raised £5000 towards the development of new school facilities following emailed interactions with Governors and Old Boys.
1st Dan Black belt Tae Kwon Do. 2014
• Excellent focus and self-discipline.
National Chess 2010
• Entered the England national chess team, one year early, and went on to play abroad 5 times in international matches for England, evidencing excellent analytical skills and strategic forward planning.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||£15||Not available|