I love delivering engaging lessons that promote maximum progress. I enjoy lesson planning and will spend as much time with a student as they need in order to progress and achieve their potential! I am looking forward to helping students succeed.
I am a 20 year old student studying Secondary Music with QTS at the University of Huddersfield, originally from Wiltshire which is where I live outside of the University term. I have always wanted to be a teacher and I love to learn. I thoroughly enjoy my university placements as I get a highly realistic experience of teaching.
I enjoy music outside of my studies too and I still play with my local county youth orchestras when I return home. I hope a DipABRSM in Flute. I also play clarinet (Grade 8), saxophone (Grade 8), piano (Grade 7) and music theory (Grade 6), all examined by ABRSM.
I also enjoy keeping fit and healthy. I am the President of the University Swimming and Water Polo club and have previously played lacrosse, tennis and netball.
FELICITY LILIAN WOOLNOUGH DipABRSM
THE SCHOOL HOUSE, TOCKENHAM, SWINDON, WILTSHIRE SN4 7PJ
I am currently studying Secondary Music Education with QTS at the University of Huddersfield as a second-year undergraduate student. I am very passionate about sustaining the importance of teaching the creative arts and music as a part of the school curriculum.
- University of Huddersfield | Undergraduate | Secondary Music Education with QTS
- Royal Wootton Bassett Academy
September 2016-July 2018
• A level Music (WJEC): B
• A level English Language (AQA): B
• A level French (AQA): B
• Extended Project Qualification (AQA): C
- Westonbirt School | Tetbury | Gloucestershire
September 2011- July 2016
• 5 GCSE A Grades; English Language, English Literature French, Music, Spanish
• 5 GCSE B Grades; Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Physical Education
- St Margaret’s Preparatory School | Calne
September 2005- July 2011
• Youth Mental Health First Aid England
To be taken June 2020
• Level 1 Swimming Assistant
To be taken October 2020
• Open University Free Courses Online
- Leadership and followership
- Looking Globally: The future of education
- Using film music in the classroom
- Children and young people: food and food marketing
- Discovering music: the blues
- Evaluating school classroom discussion
- Teaching and learning tricky topics
- Teaching secondary music
- Inclusive Education
WORK AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- St Mary’s Sports Centre, Calne | Casual Lifeguard and Recreational Assistant
July 2016- Present
• Serving customers and meeting customers’ needs and requirements
• Lifeguarding (I am a Qualified Lifeguard - NPLQ)
• Maintaining the standards of the centre
• I hold a current DBS check for this role
Bevirs Law Royal Wootton Bassett
Casual administration work
• Observing high standards of confidentiality
• Archiving files
• Preparing files for shredding
PK Education | Cover Supervisor
January 2019 – Present
• Being sent to schools in a variety of locations in the Yorkshire area
• Monitoring behavior whilst students complete work that has been set for them by an absent teacher
• Covering a teacher for a lesson and following a lesson plan set by the absent teacher that they require me to teach whilst they are away
• I hold a current DBS check for this role
Emerald Cultural Institute | Activity Leader – Due to take place Summer 2020
Working for 3 weeks at a residential summer camp in Gloucestershire for international students that want to improve their English skills.
- St Bartholomew’s Cof E Primary School | Classroom Assistant
Work experience week in September 2017
• Helping year 1 and year 2 age children with their day-to-day classroom activities
• One to one reading support
- Scissett Middle School | Student Teacher
6 individual days followed by a 7-week full time teaching placement as part of my university course. Teaching classes of approx. 30 students ages 10-13 for 8 lessons a week. Ages 10-13.
- Engage Academy – Primary Pupil Referral Unit | Classroom Assistant
A 3 day placement as part of my second year university studies.
- Brighouse High School | Student Teacher
I was due to complete 4 induction days followed by a 7 – week full time teaching placement as part of my university course.
Due to the Covid-19 epidemic schools closure, I completed 2 induction days followed by 3 consecutive days in this school.
• Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award – September 2015
• Volunteering at my local music service: Playing alongside students in the Intermediate Windband and providing support, as well as taking a sectional rehearsal
• Podium Project - Conducting course with Timothy Redmond – Summer 2016
• Leading a fundraising project to raise money to purchase musical resources to take into local care homes. Following this, I ran an afternoon tea party at one of these care homes where residents sang along to CDs and played percussion instruments that were purchased through my fundraising project.
• President of Huddersfield University Swimming and Water Polo 2020/21
GRADE 8 Saxophone and Clarinet
GRADE 7 Piano
GRADE 5 Descant Recorder
GRADE 6 ABRSM Theory of Music
GRADE 1 ABRSM Practical Musicianship
Winner of several categories at performance competitions including:
Mid Somerset Festival, Swindon Music Festival, Devises Eisteddfod and Royal Wootton Bassett Arts Festival.
West of England Youth Orchestra
West of England Youth Jazz Orchestra
West Wiltshire Concert Band
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Swing Band
School groups: Orchestra, Wind Band, Choir, Flute Group, Saxophone Group, Clarinet Group
University Symphonic Wind Orchestra, Flute group, Choir and Saxophone Ensemble
In my free time I enjoy creative activities such as card making and cross stitch.
I have a keen interest in health and exercise – I enjoy running and I swim regularly as part of the Huddersfield University Swimming Team.
I enjoy outdoor activities such as rock climbing and I hold basic qualifications in sailing, canoeing and kayaking. I also have basic badges in ice-skating and trampolining.
I also attend regular yoga and pilates classes.
I also enjoy cooking and baking.
physical education lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£30|