I am currently studying in my third year of my degree in education studies to become an educational specialist. I tutor students at primary and secondary level and have experience in teaching and supporting both.
I am dependable, approachable and professional. I aim to teach in a specialised way for each student, tailoring their lessons, helping them learn in a way that fits them best helping them look at them from different perspectives as apposed to the whole class approach.
I have worked in various different roles and settings since leaving mandatory education at 16 including, teaching assistant, cover supervisor, tutor, outreach ambassador, accommodation assistant, trainee manager, support worker and more. I have worked with children in mainstream education and those with special education needs.
I have also completed training relevant for each of these roles which i have included in my CV.
I am also currently studying for my BA honours degree in Education studies.
During my career, I have successfully proven myself to be self-motivated, organised and capable of working under high pressure. I have a clear and logical mind with a practical approach to problem solving and a drive to see thing through to completion. I enjoy working on my own initiative or within a team. I am ambitious and extremely keen on doing the job I am tasked to the best of my ability, making sure to reach all performance targets set as well as setting my own.
Wolverhampton University Accommodation
May 2016 – Present
• One role during this post was to assist in open days for prospective student’s, helping them with their choices, showing them round the campus they would be studying at and around the accommodation.
• Another role was to help those moving on moving day, helping students and their families and friends find their rooms and talk them through any issues they may have before leaving g them to settle in.
• A further responsibility of mine was to assist on events such as halls BBQ’s and games night in the SU.
March 2016 - Present
• One of my roles within this position was to man stands at local secondary schools, presenting the prospect of higher education, mainly through Wolverhampton university but mentioning other institutes.
• Another role within the post was to assist students in career fayres, encouraging them to attempt different protentional careers and higher education.
January 2016 – July 2016
• While in this job I oversaw my own shift pattern, accepting shifts where and when I was available.
• Another role within this post was to assist in the teaching of all class room teachers that I had been assigned to, following their lesson plans but helping with any changes or alterations.
Reason/s for leaving: I left this post due to the academic year being over and deciding not to re-register the following year as I couldn’t commit to shifts with doing my degree and gcse’s at the same time.
April 2015 – August 2015
• My main role within this company was to promote and sell games under Activision, calling different companies and up selling the products.
• Another role was to check that all stores who had offered a pre-sale of a game we provide were selling and using the POS we had provided correctly.
Reason/s for leaving: This role was only to cover for someone for five months so once they returned I was no longer needed and there were no more positions available.
November 2014 – April 2015
• While working for O2, one of my responsibilities was to maintain my product knowledge to help with all sales.
• In this role, I had to upsell all products with each customer, assisting in sales with other advisors if necessary.
Reason/s for leaving: Starting with O2 Telefonica in Birmingham, I was recruited to work as cover while someone else from the Birmingham store had been transferred to another store as a manager while they recruited for a permanent manager. After this position had been filled, I was offered a transfer to O2’s store in Leamington Spa, although this was a permanent position I chose to leave after a while as the travelling by train became difficult when my shifts changed from 9am to 6am to help with managerial roles.
September 2015 – Present
I am currently in my third year studying for my BA honours degree in Education Studies.
September 2004 – June 2008
I am currently waiting for my GCSE re take grades for both maths and science.
Mathematics - D
English Language - C
English Literature – C
Science – D
ICT – Pas
Art – C
Art design – C
Physical Education - C
Religious Education - C
Resistant Materials - C
Home Economics - C
In my spare time, I enjoy travelling and exploring, socialising with friends and doing all things creative.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£16||£16|
|5 hours||Not available||£70||£80|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£160|