I am happy to give lessons for pupils aged from 7 to 16. I will base lessons either on the homework a pupil has received if they need support with it, a particular topic they are struggling with or match it with the topics they are currently studying at school to provide additional support in that area. Individual lessons will usually go as follows: I will present the topic and give an overview of how the session will go so the pupil will know what to expect. I will then go into more detail, for example reading through a poem and pointing out specific details and meanings. Following on from this I will ask the pupil to try doing a similar thing themselves, such as analyzing the rest of the poem. I will offer support if and where it is needed whilst encouraging the pupil and giving them the time and space to work things out for themselves, thus supporting their learning as a whole. Lesson plan can and will be altered to suit the age and needs of the pupil.
I am an Education Studies (with psychology) Student studying at DeMontfort University Leicester. I received a grade A GCSE in English Literature and hope to share my enthusiasm and knowledge of the subject with others. Whilst I have not done individual tutoring before, I currently have 800 hours of experience in both nurseries and schools due to having a Childcare and Education Level 3 Diploma.
Key Skills Profile
● Teaching: Due to needing 800 hours of childcare and education experience for my diploma, I have gained valuable experience with children in both day nurseries and schools.
● Effective communication: With a combined 18 months of work experience in the field of childcare, I’ve become effective at relaying information to children, as well as coworkers and parents.
● Time management: One of the challenges in my life is planning around work & university. Consequently, I have a large amount of experience organizing my time.
● Fast learning: Due to working in a fast-paced environment I have needed to learn new skills, policies and procedures quickly in order to complete tasks effectively and efficiently.
Teaching proficiency: Key stage 1 (Early Years Foundation Stages & National Curriculum)
De Montfort University, Leicester Oct 2018 - Present
Education Studies with Psychology
Year 1: Year 2 (Results pending)
Core Areas of Psychology: 57% Social Psychology: N/A
Perspectives on Education: 58% Abnormal Psychology: N/A
Historical and Contemporary Issues in Education: 67% Researching Education: N/A
Evidence based Teaching and Learning: 53% The Philosophy of Education: N/A
Teaching Diversity including Internationally: N/A
Leicester College Sep 2016 - Jun 2018
NCFE CACHE Childcare & Education Level 3 (Early Years Educator): A*
Sir Jonathan North Community College Sep 2011 - Jun 2016
GCSE English Language: A GCSE Additional Science: A
GCSE English Literature: A GCSE Graphic Products: A
GCSE Mathematics: C GCSE Textiles Technology: B
GCSE Core Science: B GCSE Religious Studies: A
Work & Educational Experience
1. Forest Lodge Academy Feb 2018 – Jun 2018
Forest Lodge has helped improve my adaptability and independence further, thanks to being given a wide range of responsibilities.
2. Abbey Park Campus Day Nursery Sep 2017 – Feb 2018
This setting helped me to greatly improve my confidence due to a need to regularly talk to parents, as well as relaying information to staff.
3. Westleigh Day Nursery Feb 2017 - Jun 2017
Due to the busy environment, I have learnt to complete tasks effectively and quickly, as well as work as a part of a team when doing so.
4. Saint Patrick’s Primary School Leicester Nov 2016 - Feb 2017
I have learnt how to work with others effectively when planning, this is due to working with staff regarding activities and supporting the children’s development and learning.
5. Barista – Peppercorns Café Leicester Jul 2018 - Jul 2019
Making and serving drinks and food in a busy and popular café. I cleaned the front of house areas when necessary and effectively completed any tasks I was asked to. My role was mostly front of house customer interaction, although the role was extremely versatile.
● Leicester Hackspace: I have been a member of Leicester hackspace for the past few months and became a trusted keyholder. This workshop is mainly used for me to do textiles & art, although I’ve also touched on 3D modelling.
● Amsterdam: This university-ran trip helped me to gain a better understanding of both psychology and its links to biology through visits to exhibits such as the Body Works Museum.
● Photography Society: Since joining this society, we have undertaken many projects such as working with different lighting rigs and taking night-stills of the city, I believe these have helped me to improve my skills significantly.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£12||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£50||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£100||Not available|