As a current degree student, I have had to learn over time the best ways of studying and would be confident in helping you to find a learning style that works for you. This should equip you to use your study time more effectively outside of our sessions and in the future too! I would be able to work with you to identify your strengths and areas for improvement and to tackle these together, helping you to feel more confident.
I am currently working towards a degree in Education with Psychology at the University of Bath, and began tutoring at the age of 16. I have worked with students from the ages of 2-16 in the past and would love to help you achieve your desired grade!
My specialism is psychology (and related subjects) as this is what I am studying myself and am particularly passionate about. However, I have taught both English and Maths in the past and took A levels in psychology, biology and history so would be able to support you with any of these subjects too.
2018-2022 University of Bath
BA (Hons) Education with Psychology with Placement Year - graded 1st class in first year.
Developing analytical skills and an understanding of different approaches to working with young people, child development and key issues in adolescence.
2011-2018 Arnold Hill Academy and Sixth Form
A-Levels in History (A), Psychology (A) and Biology (B)
GCSEs 10 A*-A grades
- Working as an online mentor supporting students who are applying for Psychology or Education courses at my university. The students are completing subject-specific projects to help to prepare them for university and my role is to help them to complete this and to answer any questions that they have about studying at degree level.
2016 - 2018 Class Assistant – Kumon Educational (Tutoring Centre)
- Supporting and engaging children of various ages (2-16) with maths and English work.
- Tutoring a 14 year old boy with dyslexia towards his English GCSE qualifications.
July 2017 Teaching Assistant
- Helping with lessons and providing mentoring for students excluded from mainstream schooling at an alternative provision unit for secondary school students.
July 2015, Sept 2016 Classroom Assistant
- Helping with students in year 2 classes, specifically helping to lead reading groups and individual maths support.
Outside of this tutoring experience, I also work part time for the Widening Participation team at my university. This role involves encouraging school students to think about their next steps after sixth form/college, and I would be more than happy to support you with this and you applications if you are at this stage.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest psychology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, social skills lessons for all!
Taking humanities general lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|