I am a passionate, experienced and dedicated musician with a wide range of performing and teaching experience. I will help your love and understanding of music grow!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
All levels of academic music, singing, piano and music theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I am a qualified music teacher and also hold an MA in music from The University of Cambridge and an MMus in vocal studies from TrinityLaban. I also hold ABRSM grade 8 piano.
- How much do you charge?
£40 per hour for all lessons, with a 5% discount is applicable to tuition booked in blocks of five sessions.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from home in London, and can also travel to students' houses, or arrange a hire space.
- When are you available?
I am available evenings and weekends (exceptionally before school).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I am qualified to teach up to GCSE or equivalent, but also have experience teaching IB and A Level syllabuses.
As a singing teacher, I can teach any level and age.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
GCSE Music, A Level and IB music.
Singing up to conservatoire entry level.
Piano - to grade 5.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am available to tutor via Skype if the necessity arises.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Music is a life enhancing, exploratory and confidence-boosting activity that requires discipline and passion to succeed. I will do my best to assess your needs and work towards your goals in a challenging, engaging and supportive manner.
- What kind of experience do you have?
My earliest musical training was as a chorister at King's College Cambridge, from where I went to Tonbridge School and then onto Cambridge, where I read music. I qualified as a music teacher last year, and now work as head of music in a London prep school. Previously I have been a peripatetic singing teacher in a girls' grammar school and I have worked as a freelance opera singer for the past ten years, continuing to do so in my free time.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
• MA (Hons) Cambridge University
• MMus Vocal Studies Trinity Laban
• DBS Certificate - Fully Vetted
Ed Bonner was a fantastic tutor. He helped me to exceed my target grade which was grade C at the start of year 11. The grades I finally achieved were two As. I can honestly say without his tutoring I could not have received the grades I had always aspired to get.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|