I believe that learning a musical instrument can be an enjoyable and rewarding experience at any age. I am passionate about helping my students to learn and have fun in a positive and supportive environment. I welcome all abilities and ages.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Fiddle (Scottish/ Irish)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
2009-2013 Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
BA (Hons) Scottish Music
2008 ABRSM Violin Grade 8
- How much do you charge?
£25 per hour
£14 per half hour
- Where do you teach?
I teach at my home in Dennistoun, Glasgow.
- When are you available?
My schedule is flexible. Please contact me to arrange a mutually convenient time.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Beginners - Advanced
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I'm happy to prepare pupils for ABRSM exams if appropriate.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Over the past ten years I have built up a breadth of experience in teaching students of a wide range of ages and abilities. Whilst studying at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland I took a special interest in instrumental tuition. Since graduating, I have built a career in teaching and performing. I currently teach for the RCS Musicworks outreach programme, Dumfries & Galloway council in addition to other projects that I have started in Glasgow schools.
In August 2015 I undertook research into string teaching styles in California and I have used this experience to enhance my own teaching.
I have a range of performing experience including my work with folk band Barluath and I have also been a member of the National Youth Orchestra of Scotland.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
• BA (Hons) Scottish Music
• I have been background checked to work with children and vulnerable adults under the PVG scheme.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|