I have been teaching privately for six years. My aim is to make music fun for everyone! I teach all genres from Disney, to chart, to film music, classical, jazz and much more! Lessons are tailored to a pupil's individual needs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Theory, harmony and aural skills
- Performance skills and preparation for concerts and exams
- Jazz keyboard
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMus(Hons) Music Performance
- ABRSM Grade 8 Piano
- Trinity Grade 8 Flute
- DipABRSM (Flute)
- How much do you charge?
- Piano: £12 per half hour
- Flute: £15 per half hour
Book now for your free trail! If you sign up for lessons a free theory book is given.
Current offer: Pay in bulk for five lessons and get 10% off
- Where do you teach?
I teach at Home:
46 Pepys Road
Music room currently in preparation at the flat.
- When are you available?
- I can teach most evenings and am flexible for teaching times.
- If it is for an exam or a concert I can move lessons during the week for preparation
- And can also provide extra lessons for concerts and exams
Lessons can be booked online through my website, with a confirmation text and a 24 hour reminder before the lesson
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Grade 8 flute all ages
- Grade 8 piano all ages
- Grade 5 theory
-GCSE and A Level Tutoring
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
It varies what i teach my students for. I use a wide range of books all designed for different purposes, but will focus more in specific areas if my pupils request it. However, i also enter my pupils for exams if they wish to have qualifications and will also prepare them for concerts or courses if they wish to perform externally. I am a passionate teacher and make my lessons enjoyable and fun for all my students whatever their age. I also try and make my lessons specific for my pupils.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Contact me for a skype or facetime conversation for this.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I make lessons fun and enjoyable and my lessons are focussed on the pupil's interests. I will arrange music and find music of all different genres (Jazz, Classical, Radio) to make music fun to learn!
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I teach both flute and piano and my students are any age and all standards
- Taught in a secondary school both individual and group lessons
- Given advice lessons
- Freelanced with many ensembles
- Currently teach in rock school Progress
More information: (concealed information)
Also find us on Facebook!
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a current DBS.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I have studied with Jonathan Rimmer and Paul Edmund Davies. I have performed in master classes with Trevor Wye and James Galway.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I have worked for Dorridge Music School and I also teach with the Birmingham Music Service and teach at Progress music school
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Alongside entries to exams I also enter pupils for ABRSM music medals, they are informal exams that take place at the flat, where certificates and medals are presented, they give young children who are beginners small achievable goals from a young age.
My daughter Sophie was lucky enough to have Liz Meyer recommended to her when we were searching for a good flute teacher.
From day one Liz was fantastic. To put it simply Liz reignited Sophie's love for the flute. Her enthusiasm and love for music was contagious!
Sophie really enjoyed learning with Liz and soon passed her next grade with ease.
I would feel happy to recommend Liz for her professionalism,enthusiasm and the way she shares her knowledge and love of the flute.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|