I have been teaching privately for ten years. My aim is to make music fun for everyone! I teach all genres from Disney, to chart, to film music, classical, jazz and much more! Lessons are tailored to a pupil's individual needs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Theory, harmony and aural skills
- Performance skills and preparation for concerts and exams
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- FTCL Diploma
- MMus Trinity Laban College of Music and Dance
- BMus(Hons) Birmingham Conservatoire
- ABRSM Grade 8 Piano
- Trinity Grade 8 Flute
- DipABRSM (Flute)
- How much do you charge?
- Flute: £17.50 per half hour
- Where do you teach?
At Pupils homes.
- When are you available?
- Please contact for more information about times
- If it is for an exam or a concert I can move lessons during the week for preparation
Lessons can be booked online through my website, with a confirmation text and a 24 hour reminder before the lesson
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From beginner to advanced flute
- Preparation for Grade 5 theory
- Preparation for GCSE and A Level Tutoring
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I use a wide range of books all designed for different purposes, but will focus more in specific areas if my pupils request it. I also enter my pupils for exams if they wish and will also prepare them for concerts or courses if they wish to perform externally. I make my lessons enjoyable and fun for all my students whatever their age. I tailor each lesson for the pupils individual needs.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I make lessons fun and enjoyable and my lessons are focussed on the pupil's interests. I will arrange music and find music of all different genres (Jazz, Classical, Radio) to make music fun to learn!
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Led workshops and outreach programmes with educational organisations and workshops
- Privately teaching for ten years
- Led whole class workshops with Lancashire and Birmingham Music Service
More information: (concealed information)
I have a current DBS.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Previous teachers include Jonathan Rimmer, Paul Edmund Davies, Robert Winn and Anna Pope at the Birmingham Conservatoire and Trinity Laban College of Music. I have performed in master classes with Trevor Wye, James Galway and Wissam Boustany.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Previously worked with Birmingham and Lancashire Music Services, the Junior Birmingham Conservatoire and Flutewise.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My pupils range from beginners to advanced and are all ages.
-MMus Trinity Laban College of Music and Dance
-BMus Hons Birmingham Conservatoire
Founder of little flutes
My daughter Sophie was lucky enough to have Liz Meyer recommended to her when we were searching for a good flute teacher.
From day one Liz was fantastic. To put it simply Liz reignited Sophie's love for the flute. Her enthusiasm and love for music was contagious!
Sophie really enjoyed learning with Liz and soon passed her next grade with ease.
I would feel happy to recommend Liz for her professionalism,enthusiasm and the way she shares her knowledge and love of the flute.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||Not available|