I have been an English Teacher for eight years and during this time, I have accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience from KS2 up to KS5 in English and Media. I have been a Head of Department, a Local Authority Advisor, a GCSE examiner for English Literature, a tutor and I've worked with a range of young people from very different backgrounds. My academic qualifications include a MA(Hons) degree in English Literature from The University of Edinburgh where I also had the opportunity to teach English to pupils in Romania and Spain. After graduation, I completed her PGCE in English and Media at the University of Manchester which is where I am originally from. I am especially passionate when it comes to teaching English to young people.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
KS2 and KS3 English; KS4 English, English Language and English Literature (AQA Specifications); KS5 English Language and English Literature (AQA Specifications); University Entry level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MA (Hons) English Literature - The University of Edinburgh; Secondary PGCE in English and Media - The University of Manchester; Qualified Teacher Status.
- How much do you charge?
Prices (effective from September 2010; these include payment for travel, lesson planning, resources and individual pupil tracking):
10% Discount Available for a six week block booking (Please see website for further details)
KS2 and KS3 - £30 per hour
KS4 and KS5 - £35 per hour
University Entry Level - £40 per hour
- Where do you teach?
At the pupil's home. I can cover East and North East of Ipswich, Rushmere, Kesgrave and Felixstowe.
- When are you available?
Monday to Friday: Between 4pm and 7pm
Saturdays (during exams): Between 9am and 12am
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Year 6 (age 10) to Year 13 (A2) and University Entry Level.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I have a powerful laptop with a built in webcam and microphone; a Skype account and e-mail/instant messaging via Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- What kind of experience do you have?
Lots in the field of teaching English. Please see my personal message.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of NATE (National Association of Teaching English); the NUT (National Union of Teachers); The College of Teachers (London). I also have private indemnity and personal liability insurance specifically for tutoring purposes.
• MA(Hons) English Literature, The University of Edinburgh
• Secondary English PGCE and QTS, The University of Manchester
• Full CRB Check
• NUT, NATE (National Association Teaching English), College of Teachers, London
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|