Professional violinist with over 20 years experience in string playing, coaching and teaching
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
violin, viola, music theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- How much do you charge?
£30 per hour
for some beginners and children, I recommend 40 minute lessons weekly, at £25 per lesson.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at my home in Edinburgh.
- When are you available?
Widely available, flexible
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages, all levels from beginner to university music student levels and beyond
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Associated Board exams, SQA practical exams and equivalents, University recitals, audition/recital preparation.
- What kind of experience do you have?
20 years experience as a professional violinist, working for, amongst others, RSNO, Scottish Ballet, SCO, Scottish Opera, BBCSSO. I am the violin tutor at Merchiston Castle School, provide cover-teaching at the City of Edinburgh Music School, and teach extensively at home. Widely experienced orchestral and chamber music coach.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, enhanced disclosure through my school teaching.
- Where and with whom did you train?
at Royal Northern College of Music with Richard Deakin, and at Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama with Warren Jacobs.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
At school, I have a wide range of pupils from beginners to post grade 8. Privately, I have a number of beginners (adults and children), some university music students. I also have a number of adult beginners who are extensively trained in other instruments.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||£30||Not available|