Passionate and friendly pianist - composer who would love to share and inspire with music.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I mainly teach classical piano. For some students who are interested, I would love to work on improvisational skills, and any other genres as pop, musical, rock, and jazz too.
I also teach music technology in Logic and Sibelius. This includes: MIDI, Sequencing, basic Mixing, creating score, Beat making, etc.
If someone is attracted to both subjects (playing and learning the technology), I will be delighted to combine the subjects above in a special lesson.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have two masters from Royal College of Music, London:
PGdip in Performance with First Class Honour
Master in Music in Composition
Before taking my masters in London, I studied in the Netherlands where I graduated my Bachelor of Music with Cum Laude.
- How much do you charge?
The consultation lesson is FREE!
and then I usually charge for only 30£ /hour or 20£/30min.
If the lessons is taken by more than one person per hour, then there will be a special deal and discount for group lessons.
- Where do you teach?
I travel to students' homes in London.
- When are you available?
I am quite flexible on my schedules.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach for any levels and ages.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM examinations and the similar qualifications as Trinity Guildhall and RockSchool.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I do the online tutoring via Skype from my home. Any Q&A can be done by emails.
- What kind of experience do you have?
(please visit my website stated above for detailed information and music listening.)
I give concerts as soloist or chamber musician.
Recent projects including:
1. recording with duo piano in Abbey Road Studios, London
2. played my piano composition live broadcasted in BBC3, London
3. conducted a film orchestra live into the picture in Benjamin Britten Theatre, London
4. piano recital in Esplanade, Singapore
5. piano recital in Victoria & Albert Museum, London
experience in music education:
I have taught several students in Indonesia, The Netherlands, and United Kingdom. I also give masterclasses to the places where I perform. My mother is a music teacher and therefore I have been growing up in music education environment. Now, we are developing our music school together.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have the similar certificate from my home country. I am willing to apply one in UK upon request.
- Where and with whom did you train?
BMus : I studied classical piano at Utrecht Conservatory in the Netherlands for my Bachelor of Music. I studied under guidance of Martijn van der Hoek, Henk Ekkel (who is also a young talent specialist), and Paolo Giacometti.
MMus: I have two masters from the Royal College of Music, London. The first one is in piano performance, I studied with Prof. Andrew Ball. The second master is in Screen and Media Music Composition with Vasco Hexel, David Burnand, and Joseph Horovitz.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Performance Right Society, Musician Union
• Bachelor of Music (Utrecht Conservatory - The Netherlands)
• Master of Music (Royal College of Music - London UK)
• CRB Certificate
• PRS- MCPS , Musician Union
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|