I would like to start with an introductory session to tell where you are in this field and to get a sense of how best to approach tutoring. I'm a recent graduate so I'm best suited for high school students and 1st to 3rd-year students.
I am a recent Graduate from Napier University, where I attained a degree in Mechanical Engineering with a longstanding academic history in maths and physics along with practical use. Those areas in maths, e.g. algebra, that you say you'll never use again, I have been using on a daily basis for years.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING GRADUATE, EDINBURGH NAPIER UNIVERSITY
HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION
I have sat through,
Standard Grade: Maths, Physics, English, Chemistry, Technological Studies, Computing, Business Management and Geography.
Higher: Maths, Physics, English, Chemistry and Technological Studies.
2:1 MECHANICAL ENGINEERING BENG (HONS) •2019• NAPIER UNIVERSITY
This is an IET accredited course that was designed by, and run by, engineers with years of experience in industry teaching skills ranging from mechanical analysis, to cost management and concept communication.
1ST YEAR MODULES:
• Electrical and Electronic Principles • Computational Thinking and Practice
• Mechanical Principles • Foundation Mathematics A
• Engineering Communication • Mathematical Methods I
2ND YEAR MODULES:
• Mathematical Methods II • Materials and Manufacture I
• Engineering Design and CAD • Mechanics and Thermo-fluids
• Management for Engineers I • Control Measurement and Instrumentation
3RD YEAR MODULES:
• Energy Systems Design • Engineering Applications, Mechanical
• Management for Engineers II • Engineering Design
• Manufacturing Systems •Materials and Manufacture II
4TH YEAR MODULES:
• Advanced Energy Systems I • Mechanics
• Advanced Energy Systems II • Dynamics
Designing and building a pill dispenser, specifically aimed at people with dementia. This involved working closely with various dementia charities and resulted in giving two presentations on behalf of the NES, the educational body of the NHS Scotland and being recommended to pursue funding to further develop the project and introduce it into the market place.
I was awarded the Arkwright Engineering Scholarship in 2013 after a rigorous selection process including an initial application form, individual project, where I built a tabletop tesla coil, and finally an interview in front of a panel of industry experts.
SCOTTISH SCIENCE BACCALAUREATE:
I achieved an A in my individually driven Science Baccalaureate project where I looked into the carbon cost of contrasting and assembling a wind farm and comparing this value against the power generated and comparing this against a coal power plant to determine the carbon debt payback period.
VOLUNTEERING AND LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
• I am a founding member of the Napier university engineering society.
• I am a STEM ambassador
• I am an associate member of the IET.
• I have completed a residential leadership course as part of my Duke of Edinburgh Gold. This covered different leadership techniques, how to work individually, the importance of teamwork and how to work as an effective team member.
• I have completed both my bronze and silver level Duke of Edinburgh awards.
• I have been a proactive member of Napier universities LGBT society for close to 4 years.
• I volunteered with Dunblane 25th Stirling Boys Brigade Anchor Boys for 3 months. This has taught me patience and how to guide young people.
• I have served 2 years as a member of Dunblane High School Pupil Council – this has developed my ability to listen to other peoples’ perspectives, successfully negotiated a library bursary and planned and delivered a number of fundraising events. I also helped out at parent’s nights by providing information and handling questions from parents.
• I had been a member of the Boys Brigade for the 5 years and this has developed my ability to work as part of a team e.g. during mountain hikes, fund raining and performances.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|