I enjoy the challenge of the subject both personally, and in terms of the way I can bring it across to others. I like the creativity involved in teaching. I much appreciate the camaraderie amongst the teaching community and student as well.
I am giving private tuition last 12 months but I am in teaching profession more than 3 years. I am lecturing on engineering subjects in a local institute. I am friendly and easy going and its help the student to discuss deeply the problem that he/she faces.
Current Position: Lecturer: Engineering
The main Subject area of teaching: FD-Advanced Engg. Science, Applied Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Mechanical Principles, Thermodynamic, Fluid Mechanics, Naval architecture, Stability and Structure for marine vehicles, Engg-Maths.
09/2011 - 06/2015: University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
MEng: Naval Architecture with Ocean Engineering Result: Merit
BEng (Hons): Naval Architecture with Marine Engineering Result: 2:1
2002 – 2004; HNC: Computing - Borders College (Heriot Watt University), Galashiels, UK
2001 – 2002; CoC: Marine Engineering - South Tyneside College (Certificate of Competency; Class-2), UK
1991-1992; Graduation: Social science – University of Chittagong; Bangladesh
1987 – 1990; HND: Marine Engineering - Marine Fisheries Academy; Chittagong
1984 – 86; A level: Maths (A) Physics (A), Chemistry (A), Biology (B), and English (B); Dhaka
Ancillary courses: First aid, Fire Fighting, CPSC (Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and rescue boats), Petroleum Tanker Safety. Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities, Proficiency in Maritime Security Awareness
Shipping Carbon Analysis & OSV Design: University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK. Department of Naval Architecture- Marine Engineering; Summer 2013 & 2014.
Developed and enhanced research, time-management, problem solving, interpersonal and communication. Software used, Maxsurf, CFD, AutoCAD & Mathcad.
Lecturer and Examiner: Nautical campus, Fleetwood, Blackpool and the Fylde College accredited by University of Lancaster; UK. (10/01/2018 till today)
Lecturer & Assessor: Brockenhurst College, Southampton (16/11/2016 – 06/01/2018)
Lecturer (P/T): Northeast Scotland college; Aberdeen (04/04/2016 – 10/11/2016)
Graduate Naval Architect at Malin Group; Glasgow (10-09-2015 to 07-03-2016)
Duty and responsibility-
• Manning projects and Contracts won by the Company according to the guided frameworks
• Producing designs and detailed drawings
• Writing technical reports and documentation
• Adhering to budgets to ensure that project goals and deliverables are met within defined constraints
• Creating Technical Packages to support the Company’s general business
• Attend Site Visits, Meetings and Operations both within the UK and abroad
• Ensuring that all Health and Safety requirements are followed at all times.
Marine Engineering: Worked on various ship and ranks (cadet to 2nd engineer) with wider background and experience gained in Fishing vessel, Bulk carriers, General cargo, Container vessel.
2008-2010: Al-united Maritime Chittagong.
Apart from sailing as a 2nd engineer I was involved in:
• Schedule preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting for engineering-technical /project related activities.
• Performance management of vendors/workshop personnel, financial forecasts, which tie-in to project schedules, inter-discipline coordination and overall quality control.
• Designing, developing and taking responsibility for the installation of ship machinery and related equipment including propulsion machineries.
• Designing and overseeing testing, installation, repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
2000-2004: Zalco Shipping, Singapore (On & Off)
Evaluating operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises. On maintenance work either by day or regular watch on Main Engine and Boiler simultaneously as: Engineer officer (senior) in full charge
1997-2000: Al-united Maritime Chittagong & Singapore
• On regular watch on Main Engine and Boiler simultaneously as first assistant to the senior.
• Engineer officer (senior) In full charge
1991-1996: Marine engineer: Sea Resources Ltd, Chittagong
Working as cadet to acting chief engineer on-board Fishing Vessel
• Acting as liaisons between ships' captains and shore personnel in order to ensure that schedules and budgets are maintained and that ships are operated safely and efficiently
• Conferring with technicians to clarify or resolve problems
• Checking, testing and maintaining automatic controls and alarm systems.
• On regular watch on Main & auxiliary propulsion, other on-board machineries repair and maintenance, preparing work schedule.
Other work includes: 2011- 2015 Asda, Bearsden – P/T checkout operator. This role, during my undergraduate studies further developed customer service, Proactive approach, Flexibility, Ability to build relationship, Effective team working, and Good communication.
Technical Controller- Mechanical
2005-2008: Peri-dent Ltd, Galashiels, Scotland
This opportunity allowed me to experience working in a large industrial environment
• Taking part in preparing production of system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
• Operation and maintenance of production machineries.
• Providing technical support to the project team and wider regional teams.
• Overseeing the maintenance of machineries and troubleshooting.
• Responsible for the completion of all documentation.
Reference: Available on request.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||£90||£90||Not available|