I like to base my teaching methods on the individual that I teach and to understand how they learn, focusing first on building their confidence so that went the approach more difficult topics they have more belief that they can do it.
I graduated from the University of Oxford in 2018 with a Master of Engineering in Materials Science. Previously I studied Maths Physics and Chemistry at A-Level obtaining 3 A*s. I focus on tutoring in any topic within physical sciences, however also do a lot of work on university applications and interview technique and preparation.
Rates my vary depending on travel distance
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
The Queen’s College, University of Oxford 2014-18
- Masters of Engineering in Materials Science
- First Year Examinations – First Class, 74%
- Finals Examinations – First Class, 70%
- Winner of Materials Department, Team Design Project Presentation 2017
Cranbrook School, Kent 2009-14
- A Levels: 3 A*, 1 A - Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Fine Art
- AS Levels: 1 A – Furthur Mathematics
- GCSEs: 11 A*, 3 A
Oxbridge Applications, Academic Mentor 2018
- Delivering mock interviews, academic tutorials and group sessions on personal statements, to students applying to university specifically Oxbridge, focused on the physical sciences.
UNIQ Summer School Ambassador 2017
- Inspiring and mentoring students aged 17-18, on a week long residential course, from underprivileged backgrounds on applications to, and life at Oxbridge and other universities.
- Proactive at being engaging and inclusive to all student on the course.
Oxford Royale Summer School Councillor 2017
- Motivated and supervised students aged 11-15 at an international summer school.
- Collaborated as a team of councillors to devise and manage activities and trips.
Led Undergraduate Team Design Project 2016
- Led a two week project which developed a design solution to a brief concerned with art conservation, now under review for implementation in the Ashmolean Museum Oxford.
- Developed teamwork skills in an academic environment on problem solving based project.
English Teacher, Nanchang, China 2015
- 2 Months spend mentoring students aged 16-25 in English in a secondary school in a small province in China with the company GOTOCO.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Director of a Musical at the Oxford Playhouse 2017-18
- Director of a show with a budget of over £25,000 and a cast and crew of over 70 people.
- Responsible for motivating, organising and enthusing the cast.
- Communicating effectively with all the departments of the crew to deliver the best show possible.
Academic Materials Science Committee Chairman, Oxford University 2016-17
- Chaired meetings with members of the student and staff body discussing issues and concerns within the department, producing reports after all the meetings.
Social Secretary for The Queen’s College 2015-16
- Organized and advertised many successful events attended by over 400 people.
- Managed an annual budget of £7000.
Men’s Hockey Captain, The Queen’s College 2015-16
- Responsible for team selection, organising matches and instilling teamwork on the field
SKILLS & INTERESTS
Drama & Public speaking
- Performed in over 15 dramatic productions at Oxford University alongside my academic studies, giving me excellent communication and time management skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint, basic experience of MatLab, Solidworks and Image J
- Trained user of optical and scanning electron microscopes.
- Trained Level 1 tennis coach, worked on multiple tennis camps and lessons, both solely leading classes or assisting a head coach, children aged 4-15.
- Travelled solo across China for 2 months with a month teaching in a school.
- Toured to Japan and around the UK with The Oxford University Drama Society International Shakespeare Tour.
- Volunteered in Tanzania. School cultural exchange to India.
Perfect! Superb tutor who really helped my son with maths A level. Nils is approachable and really explains things clearly. I can’t recommend hi. Highly enough!
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|