I approach my students in a patience and understanding manner as I was once a student. My teaching style is flexible to the students needs and difficulties. I begin by teaching, followed by demonstrations and continue towards aided exercises and finally the student can answer questions without support
I have a Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering, I have mentoring experience in secondary schools, I can fit in with the students and create a practical learning style. I have supported more than a dozen students through their education and have began tutoring Maths and Science subjects for 6 months.
£10 per hour
5 miles of B18 4QA
If a cancellation is necessary, please let me know an hour in advance
An ambitious and highly driven individual with proven ability to support students through mentorship and personal tutoring. I understand the difficulties students face throughout the education as I once faced the same struggles and I am committed to supporting students through their challenges towards a bright and successful future in their chosen paths. I am keen to work with students of all backgrounds and abilities, support them in education challenges as well as any other challenges they face.
Aston University, Birmingham Sep 2014 – August 2018
Master of Engineering (MEng), Chemical Engineering
Grade: 2.1 (67%)
Joseph Chamberlain College, Birmingham Sep 2012 – June 2014
A Level: ICT A, Chemistry B, Biology B
Lordswood Boys School, Birmingham Sep 2007 – June 2012
GCSE’s: 11 GCSE’s at grade A- C including Mathematics (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (A), English Language (B) and English Literature (B)
Private Tuition (Part Time), Birmingham Sep 2018 – Present
• Offer private tuiton sessons to students up to the age of 16 in Maths and Science subjects.
• Classes have been taken at students houses on an individual or group basis as well as my house,
Modern Gents Hairdressers, Birmingham Jan 2015 – Present
• Cutting and styling clients hair using professional barbering skillset.
• Provided excellent customer service and good customer relationships and continuous improving my skillset. I developed a loyal client base for which I also attend home or event bookings.
• My part time managerial role involved organising the working staff, ensuring all jobs were conducted to the highest possible standard and store maintenance.
• My communication ability and confidence improved greatly through consistent interaction with clients of all faiths, backgrounds and careers.
Tesco, Birmingham July 2016 – Nov 2016 Customer Service/ Assistant
• Solving customer enquiries by telephone or face to face to ensure their problems were brought to a satisfactory conclusion. This experience had improved my communication skills and helped me to introduce a positive workplace attitude.
• Assisting customers during their shopping experience and stock replenishment.
• I improved my ability to work in a fast pace and multi-tasking environment by implementing time management.
• IT - Advanced in Microsoft Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge in AUTOCAD, Aspen Plus, Solid Works
- Knowledge in Java (OOD), SQL, HTML, CSS and Unix.
• Full UK Driving License
ACTIVITES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Achieved the Mentor of the Year award for voluntarily supporting, teaching and providing guidance to A-Level students studying science related subjects.
• Regularly participate in fundraising events for Water Aid across the UK as well as being at the forefront for the distribution of food packs or building water wells for Human Appeal.
• Took part in Carbon Week which has improved my awareness of climate change challenges, effects and approaches towards low carbon design which aligns with the Climate Change Act.
Reference available on request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|