My teaching method is to equip the student with some technical knowledge and then, under my supervision, allow them to solve and produce complex designs using Solidworks software. With time the student develops confidence in using the interface and rapidly advances in skill. Teaching includes solid modeling, assembly creation, FEA and motion analysis.
I am a mechanical engineer with extended study in Manufacturing Engineering and Automation. I can teach CAD packages and have 12+ years experience in designing components to be made by 3D printing, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication and Laser/Plasma cutting. I have worked on civil engineering projects but have mainly designed industrial components. I pay great attention to detail and this translates in my work.
A mechanical engineer passionate about innovation, design and automation.
University of Sunderland MSc Manufacturing Engineering (Oct.2018 - Oct.2019)
• Achieved a distinction.
• Written dissertation with title “Design of a tool changer for the Kawasaki FS03N robotic manipulator”. A unique mechanism was devised. The project involved designing complex mechanical components using Solidworks software, 3D printing and laser cutting, performing computer simulated and physical stress tests and programming a robotic manipulator. The outcome was of high standards and the mechanism has been permanently installed on the robot.
• Taught modules: CAD, Automation & Mechatronics, Maintenance management, Operations management, Robotics, Materials science, Product Oriented Manufacturing.
• Leading three successful team projects as part of the course resulted in achieving top scores.
University of Newcastle upon Tyne MSc Mechatronics (Oct.2005 - Oct.2006)
• Written dissertation on the design and development of a passive bipedal walker. A functioning, walking model was designed using Inventor software and manufactured at the university’s CNC machine.
• Taught modules: CAD, Microprocessors, Sensors & Actuators, Dynamics, Control and Automation, Distributed Control Systems, Robotics.
• Student Liaison Representative.
University of Newcastle upon Tyne MSc Mechanical Engineering with English (Oct.2004 - Oct.2005)
• Written dissertation on the effects of friction generated from train wheels rolling over rails, part of New Rail. Ran simulation tests via custom software “Dynarat” on Linux machines and suggested ways to improve the software algorithm and make the results more realistic.
• Taught modules: Design for Production, Dynamics, CAD, Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Continuum Mechanics.
• Student Liaison Representative.
University of Glamorgan BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (Sept.1999 - Sept.2003)
• Written dissertation on the development of a state variable feedback control system that regulates the level of water in two or more interconnected tanks.
SKILLS AND RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Mechanical & Product design – Proficient in CAD (Solidworks & Inventor), CES, DFMA.
• The production of custom sheet metal drawings (CAD) for steel, funnel shaped bottoms of wheat storage silos (capacity-150tn).
• Finalized the concept and design of the concrete, 1.7 acre skate park in the city of Xanthi, Greece (voluntary).
• Design of various components for industrial application (hammer mills, belt elevators, bearing housings, screw conveyors, grain samplers, fumigation probes).
• Experience in working according to various engineering standards (B4.2 , Y14.5M).
• 3D printing (FDM, SLS) – Experience with fits and tolerances.
• PLC programming (Siemens, Allen Bradley).
• Computer programming (C++, C#, Python, HTML 5).
• Operations Management.
Michigan University Certificate of Proficiency in English //March 1996
Goethe Institut Mittelstufe diploma in the German language //Sept 1996
Forklift driving license 11 Aug 2017
Attended seminar on forklift and crane operation and safety. 7, 8 Dec 2017
Attended seminar on photovoltaic solar power systems. 23, 24 Feb 2007
Completed compulsory military service in Greece. Aug 2007-Aug 2008
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Freelance work (2006 - present)
• CAD design for 3D printing, plastic moulding, sheet metal and CNC.
• IT - Computer building and maintenance work and some experience in networks and servers. Strong experience in the installation of dual boot Windows and Linux operating systems.
Komotini Flour Mills S.A.
June 2012-May 2018 Mechanical Engineer
Design of bespoke machinery using CAD (Inventor) and manufacturing of components with CNC, Sheet metal fabrication, Laser and Plasma cutters.
Designed and implemented a Preventive Maintenance scheme (with elements of Condition Based Monitoring), overseeing a team of 3 technicians. Used thermography to detect equipment deterioration.
Responsible for co-managing plant operations in order to smoothly run maintenance schedules.
• Design, application and maintenance of the ISO22000 standard for the flour mill.
• Responsible for procuring and configuring all PCs, Laptops and other Peripherals including the installation and maintenance of the PLC’s SCADA software (Siemens Step 7, SIMATIC). Responsible for negotiations for best deals for computer hardware and laboratory equipment.
• Fleet management of company cars, trucks and vans using GPS and software tools. Managed a total of 17 vehicles. Coaching and driving-route management for 9 company representatives.
• Personnel management for product deliveries (16 people).
Aug.2008-June 2012 Laboratory Management
Main duty was to run quality control tests on the final products (flour, bran) using contemporary laboratory equipment and to co-manage the laboratory procedures including the development of new/unique to the market products. Strong experience on the BrabenderTM line of equipment (Amylograph, Farinograph, Extensograph, Quadromat mill, Zeleny test). Strong experience on using the ChopinTM Alveograph.
Nov.2006-Aug.2007 Mechanical Engineer
Participated in the in-house engineering team that was responsible for the complete renovation of the plant. The process included full removal of old heavy machinery and the sound installation of the new.
Raw materials quality control, reception and storage. Responsible for on the spot testing of the yearly delivery circa 15000 mt of wheat and classifying it according to specifications. Strong experience in the PertenTM Glutomatic and Falling Number systems and in NIR spectroscopy. Responsible for the maintenance of wheat once it was stored, mainly following fumigation and pest control schedules and keeping recorded data of the silos’ temperature monitoring system.
Android/computer customization, coding (C++, Python), bread making, diving and martial arts.
Fluent in Greek and English, proficient in German with little knowledge of Bulgarian and Italian.
mechanical engineering lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest engineering lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, technology lessons for all!
Taking automation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|