I am really passionate about teaching my language and culture. I not only offer my linguistics knowledge of Italian but also give a more cultural experience to make lessons more immersive.
I design personalized lessons to factor in the needs of my students, and keep the content relevant so students retain more information whilst having fun! I want learning to be an enjoyable experience for all students.
I am a visiting master's student in Environmental Engineering at UCL from Naples, Italy.
In my hometown, I worked as child care provider. Helping the family's kids with their daily homework allowed me to develop efficient teaching skills. I always dedicated my free time to working and volunteering. Thanks to these experience I developed different kinds of skills, especially in organizational and interactive matters. I embrace these skills to make lessons interactive and fun whilst offering a professional service.
I have traveled to and lived in various countries prior to moving to London including Australia and Spain. Throughout these experiences, I have learned to deal with the different challenges that arise when learning a new language - I use these experiences and apply them to my teaching style to ensure I take the frustration out of learning.
The tariffs can vary according with the travel distance.
Research Student 10/2017 – 02/2018
University College London, London, United Kingdom
Master of Environmental Engineering (First Class Honours Achieved) 09/2015 – 03/2018
University of Naples ‘Federico II’, Naples, Italy
Bachelor of Environment Engineering (First Class Honours Achieved) 09/2011 – 03/2015
University of Naples ‘Federico II’, Naples, Italy
ERASMUS Programme 09/2016 – 01/2017
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain
• I attended a semester at one of Spain’s leading universities as part of my Master’s Degree
• I improved my language skills and gained international exposure
Intercultural exchange programme in Azerbaijan 04/2014
AEGEE-Europe/Europeans Students Forum
• I represented the Italian team in the EU project – “Pomegranate as a cultural fruit for youth”
• The project aimed to strengthen intercultural dialogue, mutual understanding and tolerance among youth from different countries. The program was divided in to trainings, workshops and outdoor activities which allowed me to familiarize myself with local traditions of Azerbaijan
Diploma in Music Theory and Practise 06/2012
Ludomusica, Naples, Italy
High School Laureate in Classical Studies 07/2011
Liceo classico statale ‘Vittorio Emanuele II’, Naples, Italy
Intercultural exchange programme in Westgate on Sea 06/2010 – 08/2010
London House School of English, Westgate on Sea, United Kingdom
• I had the opportunity to live with a host family, attend an English course, and meet people from all around the world. More than anything, this experience taught me to appreciate and value other perspectives, cultures, and important world issues
Intercultural exchange programme in Cambridge 07/2009
INPDAP - Istituto nazionale di previdenza e assistenza per i dipendenti dell'amministrazione pubblica
• I participated in a two weeks summer camp in Cambridge. I had the opportunity to improve my language skills by attending an English course with people from all around the world. I also developed my communication skills by being involved in different types of group activities
Intercultural exchange programme in Cyprus 07/2008
MLA, Move Language Ahead
Support Volunteer 01/2018 – Present
Age UK Charity, London, United Kingdom
• The mission of Age UK Charity is to provide life-enhancing services and vital support to people in later life. As volunteer, I support its mission by being involved in the monthly afternoon tea event
• My role is to welcome the guests, serve tea and sweets, and socialize with them
Marketing & Customer Service Assistant 09/2015 – 03/2016
Tandem, Naples, Italy
• I developed special events to promote the service
• I went out into the city and online to attract new costumers
• I handled the bookings and welcomed the costumers during the weekends
Waitress 07/2015 – 08/2015
Amarcord Museum Restaurant, London, United Kingdom
• I presented menus to the customers and made recommendations upon request
• I served the costumers and took action to correct any problems
• I handled the reservations and the invoices
Child Care Provider 09/2014 – 03/2015
• I helped the family’s kid with her daily homework from school as well as her extracurricular activities
LANGUAGES & IT KNOWLEDGE
• Italian: Native speaker
• English: Fluent
• Spanish: Fluent comprehension and reading Good speaking
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Power Point, Excel), Internet searches and e-mail
I have practised artistic gymnastics for seven years. Practicing a sport has been really important for my personal growth. It taught me that discipline is fundamental in life and also it strongly helped me build my team cooperation skills.
I have known Carla for more than ten years and she is a wonderful person. She has always been an amazing teacher; the kind of person who gives you a lot without asking anything back. Always sharing her huge knowledge with generosity, without judging anyone. She is also a really responsible and committed human being.
Carla is, without a doubt, one the best Italian teachers I've ever had lessons with. She's enthusiastic and funny, but most importantly, she personalises lessons to individual needs and learning styles. Totally recommendable!
italian lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral comprehension - italian lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - italian lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - italian lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|