My teaching method is based on three pillars. Firstly, what I call pleasant rigour, i.e. the fact of spending a good time during lessons but without losing concentration or concern. Secondly, regularity: lessons should happen regularly to progress evenly and be able to revise what has been learnt previously. Thirdly, will from the student as well as from me; I promise to be as dedicated as the student is, but I cannot make anyone progress if they do not want to!
I am a French engineering student at Polytechnique in France and I spend a year in London to get an MSc in Structural Engineering at Imperial College. Not only do I have a scientific baccalaureate (with honours), but I also speak many languages and could help on that (French, English, Italian, a bit of German...)
My tariffs are subject to discussion. I am usually paid £35/hr for high school students (aged 16 to 18) and £30/hr for secondary school students but I am happy to try to find a compromise if needed.
• Current GPA = 3.68
Since 2019 Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
• MSc General Structural Engineering
• Structural Analysis, Concrete and Steel Structures, Finite Element Analysis
Since 2016 École polytechnique (Grande École), Palaiseau, France
• No.1 engineering school in France; Diplôme d’ingénieur, equivalent of master’s degree in science (expected in 2020).
• Continuum Mechanics, Plasticity and Fracture, Industrial Modeling & Simulation in Mechanics, Inelastic Analysis of Structures, Slender Structures
• Fluid Mechanics, Compressible Aerodynamics
• Business Economics
2014-2016 Lycée Hoche (Classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles), Versailles, France
• Intensive post-secondary math and physics preparation for the highly competitive entrance exams to the Grandes Écoles (France’s leading schools of science and engineering).
2011-2014 Lycée Richelieu, Rueil-Malmaison, France
• French Scientific Baccalaureate (Baccalauréat général scientifique), advanced English lessons (5 hours a week), graduated with highest honors (grade: 19.13/20).
• First runner-up (Premier Accessit) at the Olympiades de mathématiques (national math competition) in 2013.
Australia Internship on the Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project, Bouygues TP, Melbourne, Australia. Design coordinator
• Assisted the design manager of the CBD South station on the design programme.
• Coordinated structural survey visits of adjoining buildings on both CBD South & North stations.
France Lycée Hoche, Versailles, France. Examiner in physics and chemistry in Classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles
Designing the drills and evaluating 3 students per hour, 2 hours a week on mock oral exams.
France Civilian service within a Juvenile Detention Centre, Meyzieu, France. Teacher
• Gave math, physics, chemistry, French and Italian courses to 30 juvenile prisoners. 5 took a national exam and passed it.
• 2-month chemistry project with 4 prisoners; 4 posters for their classroom were made.
• Daily administrative work: drafting reports of meetings and projects, drawing up inventories, checking students’ absences.
5h a week École polytechnique, Solid Mechanics Laboratory, Structural design, France
Two-student project under the supervision of Habibou Maitournam.
Studied the equilibrium positions and the stability of tensegrity structures.
5h a week ONERA, France
Seven-student project under the supervision of Jean Guérard and Jean-Charles Matéo-Vélez.
Analyzed, dimensioned and manufactured a prototype of the payload of a CubeSat (cubic satellite of 1 dm3 volume) set to study Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) in a plasma environment.
2018-2019 GraphX, association of designers from École polytechnique. Posters and covers division
• Designing event posters for other associations, alone or as a group.
• Realized the comprehensive graphic charter of a start-up.
2018-2019 Amphi de Départ, last performance of fellow École polytechnique students. Music division manager
Coordinating music numbers of an 8-hour-long show.
Languages French: native; English: fluent (TOEFL 111/120); Italian: advanced level; German: medium level
IT skills Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, Python (good proficiency); Java, SolidWorks, Primavera P6 (basics)
Other First aid certifications (PSC 1, French medical response certificate’s first level); driving license
Music Intensive piano practice since 2001. Annual concert. Solo classical music.
Sports Table tennis (intensive practice and competition at regional level, 2004-2014); Handball (intensive practice and university championship, 2017-2019); Running; Skiing; keen interest in high performance sport.
Gastronomy Interested in wine tasting: took part in 40 wine tastings since 2017.
Travels Culture and hiking in Europe, South Africa, Indonesia, Russia, the USA and Australia.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||£35||Not available|
|5 hours||£160||£160||Not available|
|10 hours||£300||£300||Not available|