I structure my classes in a ordered and logical manner. I start by explaining the concepts and making examples to ensure they are clear and then I propose some exercises to consolidate them.
I tutor students of any age, particularly GCSE and A-level students. Being an chemical engineer, I can teach maths, physics and chemistry.
I am a student in chemical engineering at Imperial College London and I have currently completed my 4th year.
I have always enjoyed helping students understand scientific subjects and I have been tutoring primary and high school students for years.
I am an enthusiast student, graduating in 2019 in Chemical Engineering from Imperial College London, with an expected First. I was on the engineering dean’s list during each year of my studies and I spent my third year on exchange at EPFL, Lausanne.
I have a strong passion for research and I will start a PhD in October. I always exceptionally enjoy teaching and I have been tutoring for many years.
I can fluently speak 4 European languages and I would love to follow my passion on research, by doing a PhD in the dynamic and international environment of Imperial College London.
Research internship August-September 2018
Imperial College, Multifunctional nanomaterials group, department of chemical engineering London
• I investigated the carbon monoxide uptake and selectivity of various MOFs
• I synthesized Co-MOF-74 and Ni-MOF-74 and characterized them using BET and XRD
Laboratory assistant July-August 2017
Torchiani srl – wholesale distribution of chemicals and allied product
• I worked in the analytical laboratory of Torchiani srl, performing experiments and redacting technical documents (such as technical and safety data sheets).
Academic tutor 2015-2019
• During my time in university I have often tutored students (mainly A-level students) in mathematics, physics and chemistry
Sales promoter July-August 2016
W team srl
• I provided customer service and was involved in direct selling in a group of 10 people.
• I managed my own clients and contributed to 20% of the sales in my group.
MEng in Chemical Engineering September 2015 - July 2019
Imperial College London
• First class Honours in first, second and third year
• Engineering Dean’s list in each year completed so far
• Part of the European Exchange program in 2017-2018 at EPFL, Lausanne.
High school diploma September 2009-June 2015
Scientific high school Niccolo Copernico
• A level analogous in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and French.
• Diploma score 97/100.
• Engineering UROP bursary June 2018
I received a 2000£ bursary, by the chemical engineering department of Imperial College, for the development of MOFs for gas adsorption.
• BP Perry’s Book Prize 2017
I was awarded a copy of Perry’s Chemical Engineering Handbook from BP, for being one of the top 15 students during first year examination at Imperial College.
• Engineering Dean’s list AY 2015-2016, 2016-2017
I was on the top 10% of the chemical engineering class, during my first, second and third year
• Michelangelo Gaia foundation bursary 2015-2019
I received one of the 2 available 8000£ bursary from the Gaia foundation
• First place at National mathematical competition Kangaroo April 2010
During high school I was part of the mathematical game team, with which I won the Italian Kangaroo competition.
Time management: Deadline always met on time, submitting high quality work
Team work: Several group projects completed at Imperial and EPFL improved my ability to work in groups
Leadership: I have been the leader and representative in several group projects, coordinating the rest of the team
IT Skills: Office, Matlab and Simulink, ASPEN, AMPL (mixed integer linear programming and non-linear programming)
Vali: data reconciliation
• Italian - Native speaker
• English - C1 level
IELTS certificate of C1 English level, obtained in 2015
• French - B2 level
DELF certificate of B2 French level (2015). Exchange year in Lausanne involved many courses in French
• Spanish - B1 level
B1 level obtained through Imperial College language courses
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
I enjoy playing sports in general, and I have been part of many teams. During high school I competed with the volleyball team of my school and as a gymnast at a regional level. In the last 6 years, I have been practicing yoga and I have been a yoga class coordinator in my university.
I love travelling, meeting new cultures and learning different languages. In fact, I have taken part in a 3 months exchange program in Ireland during high school. I have come to London for my degree and I have completed an exchange year in Switzerland. I am fluent in Italian, English and French and I am learning Spanish.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|